ABOUT THE JOB
To be a dedicated contributor to the country web & digital team by being responsible for technical optimization and development, integration and support of local online solutions which will positively impact the customer experience on IKEA.com
Your tasks will include:
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to develop technical solutions which increase engagement and improve the overall buying process online (always within the framework of a development process)
- Research, implement and integrate API’s and web services
- Implement deliverables IKEA webpages (including mobile web)
- Explore and keep up to date with new tools and technologies to look for new opportunities and share learnings with the web & digital team.
- Work closely with the global organization to encourage future website technical improvements and also work collaboratively with them during this process as a key market representative.
- Be online responsible for all web planners and work closely with global to support with implementation, updates and feeding back on improvement opportunities.
- Support and work closely with key partners (business process specialists, customer experience specialist, web specialists) on all website technical releases/updates.
- Work closely with web editors to ensure a high quality front end design is achieved and adheres to all brand and digital guidelines.
- Utilize all available tools in order to follow up on all new developments e.g. A/B testing, analytics, in order to identify successes and to make recommendations for further improvements.
Your knowledge, skills and experience include:
- Knowledge in web services, API’s and CMS platforms
- Good understanding of UX and digital communication
- Knowledge of responsive design
- Knowledge in server side platforming e.g. PHP/SQL
- Experience in Adobe Dreamweaver
- Solid experience of communicating and documenting solutions, both verbally and in print
- Experience in testing techniques, to ensure quality of the solution in different browsers and devices.
- Able to understand and translate briefing requirements into customer focused technical solutions
- Able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
This position is based out of the Canadian Service Office in Burlington, Ontario
Domestic travel: Up to 25%
Reports to: Country Web & Digital Manager
GROWING TOGETHER IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.