At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe.
We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
We currently have an opportunity for an energetic, self-motivated, result oriented professional to assume the position of a full-time Web Designer/Front End Developer. This position is based in the Don Mills Office.
The Web Designer/Front End Developer is responsible for the graphic design, and front-end development of online marketing, sales and corporate initiatives adhering to Canadian accessibility, anti-spam, privacy, and language legislation. This position requires a strong understanding of W3C web standards, accessibility and usability requirements. The Web Designer will be responsible for the design process from conception to implementation.
- Diploma or degree in graphic/digital design, digital media or equivalent
- Must possess at least three years progressive experience as a web designer
- Thorough knowledge of W3C Web Standards, WCAG 2.0 AA and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA)
- In-depth knowledge of responsive design and HTML/CSS Frameworks
- Excellent skills in Adobe’s Photoshop and Illustrator
- Some knowledge of OOP programming using PHP and PHP Model-View-Controller frameworks is an asset
- Knowledge of Relational Databases, e.g. MySQL, is an asset
- Ability to think creatively and re-imagine existing properties
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- Highly organized and energetic self-starter with the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Adaptable and innovative team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle a high volume of work in a short period of time, handle multiple priorities simultaneously and operate in a demanding work environment is important.