To you, translating complex abstract ideas into simple and elegant user interfaces isn’t work – it’s your calling. You love the idea of working with product owners on ideation and concepts and turning them into beautiful designs. What’s interesting is you are just as comfortable designing pixel perfect mockups and marketing materials as you are building wireframes and interaction flows. There is no web design project too big or small – you’re game for anything.
We’re looking for a Web Designer to drive design, aesthetics and the user experience across a full suite of products, user interfaces and marketing materials. If this sounds like you - let’s talk!
Major Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
(Include but are not limited to)
- You’ll participate in brainstorming sessions and conceptual collaborations to create and bring to life beautiful designs and best-in-class user experiences
- You’ll take abstract ideas from concept and turn them into workable, relevant and elegant user interfaces
- And you will collaborate and work directly with our team of web developers and designers to ensure we maintain the highest standards of quality for the end user – it’s all about the experience
- Furthermore, you will Identify key areas throughout our website that can be modified, enhanced and beautified
- And you will continually look for opportunities and make recommendations for improvements to our website and marketing materials – after all, it’s all about the customer experience!
Background (Education/Licenses/Work Experience):
- You have a university degree or technical school diploma in graphic, interface or information design. Have a degree in something else? Tell us about it and how you can use it in this role
- You already have three or more years of web design experience under your belt in everything from mobile to desktop (preferably in e-commerce)
- You really know your way around the apps in Adobe Creative Suite
- Also, it would be a major bonus if you have knowledge of common web languages like Ruby or PHP. And if you don’t, well some background in web development and an interest to learn would be great too
Skills & Proficiency:
- You are visually oriented and have a keen eye for detail – it’s a thing of beauty to watch you work
- You have a rock solid reputation as a creative problem solver – nothing slows you down for long
- You “get” what it means to be part of the team
- You manage your time as expertly as you manage your projects. Prioritizing, planning and organizing are part of your DNA
- You enjoy talking with product owners to understand the image they wish to achieve, knowing full well you can find a way for technology to help them.
- You handle even the tightest deadlines with a cool head and clear vision
- You are very “web-savvy” and up-to-date with designing mobile trends, tools and methods
- Finding simple solutions to complicated web design ideas and concepts and explaining them to others comes as naturally to you as breathing