- Maintain, enhance, and update existing websites.
- Design and develop new responsive website themes and custom skins.
- Design and develop landing pages that are consistent with existing website look and feel.
- Design and develop new widgets, stock headers, and client-available customizations for existing multi-use themes.
- Ensure all development work is cross-browser compatible and mobile-friendly (responsive).
- Create clean, efficient, and well-organized code: we are a team environment, and your code should be maintainable and readable by others.
- Implement effective, best-practice SEO on all sites developed.
- Stay up to date on emerging web technologies, design trends, frameworks, and libraries.
- QA builds by yourself and other members of the team for site content, layout, performance, and functionality.
- Respond to bug fix requests by our support team that deal with front-end themes and functionality.
- Maintain accurate timesheets specific to each project.
- Maintain organized file management both on the desktop and on the company server.
The Successful Candidate Has:
- A diploma or degree in web development and/or graphic design, or comparative experience.
- 2-5 years experience in a freelance or agency-like setting with both web design and front-end development.
- Proficiency with Adobe products including Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Proven experience with responsive web design standards and strategies.
- Experience working with responsive frameworks such as Bootstrap and Foundation.
- Understands cross-browser compatibility issues, how to fix them, and how to let code degrade gracefully to older, unsupported browsers.
- Comfortable working both alone and collaboratively on teams.
- Can work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects and can juggle shifting priorities.
- Great communication skills, and is comfortable both giving and receiving feedback and critique from other members of the team.
- Problem solving skills: you relish a challenge and believe there’s always a way to solve a problem.
- Has a favourite code editor and can tell us what it is and why you love it.
- A portfolio of work including both digital design work and development work.
Bonus Points for Candidates Who Have:
- You can show us something you designed and built entirely in code, without creating detailed mockups first.
- Node.js, Angular, SQL, and/or CouchDB experience.
- Experience with CSS pre-processors, such as SASS and LESS.
- Version control with Git.
- UI/UX experience.
- Strong SEO experience and expertise.
- Copywriting experience.
- Project management or client management experience.