The County of Bruce is seeking qualified applicants for the full-time position of Web Content Developer. Reporting to the Tourism Manager, and based in the Tourism office in Wiarton, the Developer will be responsible to generate, upload and maintain current and active content for the County’s tourism websites, social media channels and will possess marketing education and/or experience. The incumbent also seeks out and develops opportunities for interaction between the web and other tourism communication vehicles.
· Post-secondary diploma/degree in marketing, journalism or other related subject, or equivalent experience
- Thorough knowledge of web-based marketing tactics such as: Pay-Per-Click, Email, Banner and News advertising
- Strong understanding of internet social media such as: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, and TripAdvisor
- Strong graphic design skills – proficient in using Adobe Design Suite
- Knowledge of current and future trends in content delivery methods
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task between ongoing projects
- Attention to detail and strong proofreading skills are required
The closing date for applications is Friday, January 18, 2013.