Parsons is seeking a Water Infrastructure Business Development Director to join our team in Canada. The successful candidate understands how to establish relationships and develop business opportunities with water and wastewater clients and recognizes and acts upon opportunities to promote our expertise and successful past performance. Responsibilities include developing and maintaining (new and existing) key client accounts, developing and implementing market strategies and leading complex proposal activities. Our work focuses mostly on water infrastructure and water-related environmental projects for cities, metropolitan and regional municipalities, as well as special districts, public utilities, territorial and provincial entities. You must have successful capture experience on large professional services programs or projects in the water infrastructure markets. Delivery experience of design, construction management or related services is preferred. Experience selling PM/CM, consulting and P3 type opportunities is preferred. Knowledge of the local markets, competitive landscape and prospective teaming partners is expected. Travel will be required to interface with key clients and assist with cultivating new and ongoing business development endeavors.
- 4-year degree in Engineering or Business (or equivalent)
- 15-20 years of professional experience with a proven track record of success selling multi-million dollar PM/CM/Design-Build and AFP/P3 projects.
- Successful market strategy development and implementation experience.
- Experience in contractual negotiations including both client and teaming partners.
- Experienced developing and managing opportunity pipelines and performing risk analysis.
- Capable communicator (verbally and written) with collaborative persona
- Must have a track record of success in new business sales, as well as growing existing business contracts