VP of Internal Audit
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (0013)
1818 Cornwall Ave Vancouver, British Columbia V6J 1C7 Canada
VP of Internal Audit
lululemon athletica Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live long, healthy, and fun lives
The Vice President, Internal Audit, Compliance and ERM is charged with leading the Internal Audit function to achieve world-class, value added performance standards across the company. This position is responsible for a team of audit professionals and must be able to build strong partnerships while driving results. This individual acts as an internal advisor and manager for the company’s ERM function, SOX compliance and leads the Compliance Committee activities and is a companywide resource for continuous improvements. At lululemon, this function allows us to see and create improvements that will support in our success and making us better.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive audit plan that is responsive to the financial, compliance and operational risks of the company.
- Develop and maintain audit standards and methodology for assessing business risk and evaluating the effectiveness of the established financial, operational and compliance practices and organization controls.
- Coordinate with management to ensure that internal controls, including controls over financial reporting required to comply with Sarbanes–Oxley, are effective and efficient.
- Encourage a culture of transparency and sharing of best practices across the company.
- Establish an ERM strategy, philosophy, framework and objectives regarding risk management and the level of risk the Company is willing to accept.
- In partnership with Management, establish action plans to minimize business risk and or likelihood of impact.
Board Interface, Audit and Compliance Committee
- Preparation and presentation of Global ERM plan
- Lead member of Compliance Committee
Presentation of internal plans and audit results including monitoring management action
The finer print
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management. CPA, CIA, CISA or other applicable professional certifications required and maintained.
- Seasoned finance executive with at least 10 years of business experience, to include at least five years of leadership experience in internal and external audit at a public retail/consumer market company with revenues of 1+ billion
- Extensive knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley and heading audit practices
- Excellent follow-through and drive for timely and quality results.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work/lead with ambiguity where analysis of situation requires evaluation of various factors. Ability to recognize challenges and make recommendations to overcome them.
- Positive attitude and strong team player, excellent customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage through challenging projects and multiple priorities.
- Ability to build relationships and influence change.
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.