VP of Global Distribution
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (0016)
Job Location(s) 1818 Cornwall Ave Vancouver, British Columbia V6J 1C7 Canada
VP Global Distribution
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live longer, healthier more fun lives.
- Create a Global Strategy and lead cross functional projects to support growth and optimize our distribution center network.
- Develop a robust metrics portfolio to that measures daily operational performance and monthly executive level dashboards.
- Direct all aspects of the DC operations for multiple facilities including receiving, storage, fulfillment, shipping and reverse logistics.
- Establish, evaluate and maintain performance standards for all areas of the warehouse that can be measured to ensure accountability to service level agreements while continually looking for ways to enhance service.
- Create effective relationships with cross functional partners to promote a good working environment with high morale and employee satisfaction.
- Experience in creating a culture of innovation leveraging lean principles by. Combine the lean methodology with the collective genius of a highly motivated team.
- Partner with senior management team to strategically plan for future growth.
- Develop and execute plans for continual growth and peak season support.
- Responsible for budgeting and reporting efforts including labor, operating expenses, and P&L oversight.
- Assist in developing and testing business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Support our sustainability carbon reduction program.
- Grow and develop your team through inspirational leadership, education and accountability. Achieve greatness and have fun doing it.
- Strong experience with automated MHE, Manhattan WM and opening facilities globally.
The finer print
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree required; MBA a plus
- Min 10 years of progressive leadership working in a fast paced, high volume global retail operation with a focus on high seasonal activity in a direct to consumer environment
- 5 years’ experience in a strategic leadership role
- Clear communications skills to inspire, motivate and provide cross-functional leadership.
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma and lean methodologies
- Strong IT skills (Microsoft office applications, familiar with WMS software applications and TMS)
- Strong responsive analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and leadership skills are required
- Ability to think “outside of the box,” enjoys challenges and is solutions-oriented
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.