VP Business Intelligence & Data Science
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Data is one of the core strategic priorities for lululemon. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about retail and data; an innovative leader who has a keen ability to translate data and research into meaningful insights across business operations, including programming and advertising sales. This leader will bring best in class data strategies, architecture and governance models that will deliver strong business results and growth.
- Lead research and data analytics across the company and serve as key advisor to and member of the executive team.
- Build global data strategy, reporting suites and analytical engine to drive business growth
- Source, recruit, hire and retain quantitatively-focused experts to broaden the company's expertise in the space.
- Access, evaluate and onboard key solution vendors and partners to deliver the data strategy
- Partner with the IT Team, consultants and other third party vendors to provide oversight and discipline over all data-related technology decisions and partner
- Promote the advancement of a data-driven, test-and-learn culture throughout the organization.
- Synthesize in-depth understanding of our brands and delivery platforms as well as marketplace trends to inform and help guide our product and sales strategy in a rapidly changing traditional retail and digital landscape.
- Develop and lead initiatives to better understand our audiences and reach across all platforms and business models.
- Lead key analytical projects to deliver actionable insights and recommendations for enhancing products, growing audiences and maximizing revenues.
- Effectively communicate and ‘translate’ quantitative findings (storytelling with data), make and defend meaningful conclusions and recommendations, identify and interpret trends and relationships to product and business users, including sales and programming.
- Identify new opportunities, partnerships and technologies to grow audience.
Required Skills, Experience and Academic/Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Masters or Doctorate a plus.
- 10+ years experience with mix of business intelligence and advanced analytics in retail or consumer space
- Strong leadership skills 3-5 years prior experience building and leading a data analytics team and driving cultural change.
- Familiarity with data research, including methodologies, market players, and usage.
- Fluency in applying data science to real-world business problems in a global retail setting
- Resourceful. Founder mindset.
- Problem solver with excellent analytical skills and ability to turn data into information. Proven success in providing data-driven strategic recommendations to drive concrete action.
- Ability to operate independently and manage multiple teams and time sensitive projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional influencing, diplomacy, persuasiveness and negotiation skills. Ability to lead diffuse parts of the business by influence, not command & control.
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.