Visual Communications Technology Design Specialist
This position is required in Toronto
The Visual Communications Technology Design Specialist (VCT-DS) is responsible for technical solution design pre-sales functions and for the satisfactory support and function of all required solution demo and proof of concept solution programs. The VCT-DS will provide subject matter expert (SME) contribution and influence the solutions development efforts of the broader Managed Print and Collaboration Services (MPCS) team.
The primary objective is to provide consultative services and guidance to the Ricoh MPCS sales team in order to enhance the sales process and generate growth in Visual Communications (VC) products and services, namely Videoconferencing, Interactive Flat Panel Display, Projector and Digital Signage Solutions. You will be responsible for the delivery of technical presales including VC solutions architecture and VC solutions development for professional services, managed services and procurement opportunities. This will include direct contact with customers and prospects with the aim of developing and delivering compelling VC services proposals. It is your responsibility to work with, coach and mentor the Ricoh VCT sales force in order that they may deliver accurate, consistent business proposals that are strategically aligned to Ricoh Business and Information Technology Services, and are commercially sustainable.
Initially, you may also be required to provide consulting services such as scoping, design, migration, build and support to customers on Visual Communications based platforms and solutions until such time as Ricoh builds out the capability across the Consulting department.
The VCT-DS will support the regional and VCT sales team with strong business acumen, industry expertise, and will support inter-departmental cross-functional initiatives as required.
The VCT-DS will report into the National Sales Manager, Visual Communication Technology.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- This role will primarily support regional opportunities with occasional travel outside the region to assist with national opportunities
- Support sales in the field by working directly with Ricoh VCT Solution Consultants, Direct Sales representatives and their customers
- Travel with Ricoh salespeople, meets with customers, determine sales opportunities, provide consultation and design AV system solutions
- Support sales of Ricoh AV product lines and solutions to new and existing customers
- Contribute technical and design input to the RFP and proposal creation process for VC products and services.
- Support VC solutions pre-sales activities through sustained activities in presentations, solution prototype development, and demonstrations
- Adhere to solutions engagement process to design Ricoh portfolio of Visual Communication solutions by supporting professional services sales management, Sales Rep & customer workshops, vendor shows, etc. to promote Ricoh Visual Communication capabilities
- Support VCT sales team as the VC expert during the presales process and drive to meet or exceed assigned revenue and target metric objectives within the assigned territory
- Develop Statement of Work (SOW) and design documentation as a part of the business solution that relates to VC requirements
- Adhere to and comply with the RICOH design methodology framework to hand-off solutions they designed directly to the Install and Project Management Office (PMO) team
- Utilize business tools such as Microsoft VISIO, Project, Salesforce.com and RSource to manage and deliver successful outcomes
- Engage vendor partners to assist in complex solutions where appropriate
- Build customer relations by demonstrating technical knowledge
- Provide AV Consultation and System Design to Ricoh customers
- Stay current with AV market changes, product trends, new technologies and innovations
- Perform other duties as assigned