Date Posted: 08/03/2022
Req ID: 23719
Faculty/Division: Vice-Provost, Students
Department: SL Communications
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
Position Number: 00038677
Student Life connects life to learning. We believe every student should have the opportunity to actively participate in university life, and to find connection and community while discovering new ways of thinking and being in the world. We provide resources, support and engagement opportunities that are inclusive and accessible, making sure every student can build experiences that set them up for a lifetime of success.
Student Experience supports Student Life, and its units, to ensure that staff have the necessary tools and resources to effectively deliver programs, services, and resources. Student Life portfolios include, Student Life Programs & Services, Health & Wellness, and the Centre for International Experience. Student Experience also provides institutional support and leadership on large-scale assessment and projects that enrich the student experience. Units directly within Student Experience include, the Office of the CAO; Student Life IT; Student Life Communications; Student Crisis Response, Progress & Support; Assessment & Analysis; Innovation Hub; and Strategic Initiatives.
Working under the supervision of the Manager, Communication Projects, the incumbent will create, consult and advise clients on the development of animation, motion graphics, 2D/3D graphics, animated gifs and video production for a diverse array of media, including social media, interactive media, smartphones, screens and the web among others. The incumbent can ideally conceptualize and create original creative concepts, characters and animation sequences. The incumbent will provide graphic design support as needed by conceiving and producing complex graphic design and layouts that reflect innovative thought and maintains the structural integrity of university branding. The incumbent will also possess superior photographic and video skills.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating and producing live action videos, explainer videos, animations, motions graphics and live stream events that reflect departmental and/or divisional objectives
- Performing design processes that require great precision and attention to many details
- Producing promotional and outreachmaterials
- Consulting with and advising clients on the development of design specifications and/or briefs
- Designing graphics for presentations and reports
- Verifying that all marketing/communication collateral adheres to brand identity and University style guides
- Presenting creative multimedia work for clients approval
- Designing 2D and 3D animations and illustrations
- Advanced College Diploma (3 years) or acceptable combination of equivalent experience.
- Minimum five years experience in motion graphics, animation and 2D/3D design.
- Experience creating complex motion graphics, animation, animated gifs and live video content for a diverse array of media including social media, interactive media, smartphones, screens and the web among others.
- Comprehensive experience with motion graphic, animation, and video editing software including Adobe Premiere, Adobe Animate, and Adobe After effects.
- Experience with rigging and animating 2D characters.
Comprehensive experience shooting live action video and using equipment such as digital cameras, lighting and audio.
- Comprehensive experience with design software including primarily InDesign, Photo Shop and Illustrator.
- Knowledge of Accessibility as it pertains to video production, including captioning and audio description.
- Must be able to work closely with project managers, designers, art directors and web developers to understand projectgoals and execute animation and motion graphics accordingly.
- Ability to conceptualize and create original creative concepts, characters and animation sequences.
- Experience creating animation storyboards that fully reflect the key moments and movements of an animation sequence.
- Solid understanding of effective use of animation and motion graphics for social media platforms.
- Ability to engage and probe with a wide variety of individuals including senior administrators, external media, consultants, service providers.
- Ability to communicate with the leadership team, staff and other designers to ensure that their designs accurately reflect the desired message and effectively express information.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to explain technical concepts to laypersons.
- Ability to create designs that are artistically interesting and appealing to others.
- Ability to think of new approaches to communicating ideas, develop unique designs that convey a recognizable meaning.
- Time management skills: ability to work on multiple projects at the same time, ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member and attention to detail and deadlines.
- Strong skills and ability to work with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Experienced in photography in the use of a digital camera.
- Knowledgeable in producing web pages and a wide variety ofmarketing materials.
- Knowledge of external media.
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Problem solver
- Team player
Closing Date: 08/11/2022, 11:59PM ET
Employee Group: USW
Appointment Type: Budget - Term This is a two (2) year Term role.
Schedule: Full-Time Incumbent will be required to work on-site.
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 11 -- $67,659 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $86,523. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Category: Communication/Media/Public Relations