Based in Stratford, Ontario, the Stratford Festival is one of the world’s foremost repertory theatre companies. It operates year round, presenting a season of about a dozen plays each year between the months of April and November, a rich stream of digital content and hundreds of Forum events, designed to deepen understanding of the plays. For every person a theatregoer sees on our stages, we have seven people working behind the scenes, some of the world’s most dedicated and experienced arts workers. At this time we are undergoing a culture shift to support anti-racism and anti-oppression and ensure a respectful, equitable and inclusive environment in which all staff, artists and audience members can feel a true sense of belonging.
If you would like to be part of this change and contribute your own remarkable talents to North America’s largest not-for-profit theatre, we’d like to hear from you. We are currently welcoming applications for:
Video Production Coordinator – 12 Month Contract
Reporting to the Video Production Manager, this contract position is part of the Marketing team and is responsible for assisting the digital team with the production of content for digital and online audiences.
- Assist with behind-the-scenes photography & videography.
- Manage digital assets (adhere to internal systems; posting to website & social; tags/descriptions/copy)
- Edit and shoot video
- Record and edit audio
- Operate live camera during livestreams and Festival events
- Digital display content creation, concept through realization
- Editing (Premiere Pro)
- Animation (After Effects)
- Assisting in managing digital displays
- Duties as assigned within the marketing department
- Attention to detail, well organized
- Able to multi-task
- Positive attitude
- Receptive to feedback and change
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Goal driven and self-motivated
- Creative, excelling in new ideas
- Able to work independently and within a team environment
- Familiarity with and understanding of social media marketing campaigns
- Familiarity with DSLR cameras, 3 axis gimbals, lighting and audio
- Familiarity with multi-camera shooting and editing
Preference will be given to candidates who have completed a post-secondary degree or diploma program majoring in Marketing, Graphics, Digital Media or a related field.
This full-time contract position will begin as soon as possible for 12 months, with the possibility of extension. This position will require the candidate to embrace a flexible work schedule which may include evenings, weekends and occasional irregular hours. This position will involve both remote and onsite work in Stratford Ontario when required.
Job Type: Full Time Contract
Annual Salary: $42,000-$50,000
The Festival is creating a safe and healthy workplace for everyone. We welcome applicants of every identity, and encourage applications from Indigenous, Black, People of Colour, Deaf, disabled and 2SLGBTQ+ folks. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and beyond. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.