The Video Designer is accountable for creating and implementing digital and video content for the Servus brand. Reporting to the Manager, Brand Development, and working closely with the Brand Development Team, their understanding of media development including video content for short-format segments, motion graphics, editing and processing, will ensure that the development, implementation and administration of digital signage and video content is effective and efficient.
Their decision-making will be influenced by an agreed to set of practices and principles they have with their manager and peers. Their problem solving will be focused on real-time task related issues. They will be accountable for the design, content development, and execution of Servus Credit Union branded collateral appearing on Servus Credit Union and subsidiaries digital delivery platforms. As well, to ensure that ‘end to end’ design of a common message can be applied across a range of traditional and digital media, this person must also be capable of working in traditional media (such as print).
Digital Media Design and Production
- Design, develop and execute digital content.
- Work with creative partners on the continued improvement and development of Servus digital delivery platforms including digital signage, websites, intranets, video production (animation and live-action filming and editing) and other digital delivery platforms.
- Design and develop content for marketing lead initiatives to be delivered through multiple digital delivery platforms (digital signage, website, etc.)
- Develop media video production (writing, filming, directing and editing), motion graphics, info-graphics and animation editing and processing.
- Work with our creative partners to create, manage and add content for marketing lead initiatives through multiple digital delivery platforms (digital signage, IP-enabled ATM’s, etc.).
- Adhere to brand visual identity standards and creative guidance, and consistency with other marketing and corporate materials.
- Translate usability and field research findings into design and functional improvements.
- Communicate design strategy and rationale to key stakeholders.
- Analyze audiences to ensure design work and messaging meets their functional needs.
- Liaise with internal clients and external suppliers.
Support, Training, Collaboration and Organization
- Provide creative support as required for traditional (print and press) application.
- Provide coaching to the other designers in the areas of digital signage design, production and posting and film and video production (story-boarding, shooting and editing).
- Assist Graphic Designers with additional design projects and file preparation.
- Take part in creating creative solutions for the organization.
- Organize, manage and maintain all digital files, current and historical.
- Develop project tracking solutions.
Digital Signage Process and Planning
- Develop and manage Digital Signage planning processes including:
- Updates to digital signage hardware/software
- Project tracking
- Player status tracking
- Player configuration
- Player install requirements
- Prioritize workflow of all digital media projects based on business needs. This includes;
- digital signage
- Power Points
- Broadcast and social media
- Lead in the development and maintenance of a corporate-wide visual brand identity standards guide
Digital Media and Vendor Management
- Initiate and manage digital signage installations with external vendors and internal partners (screen/player installations, player configuration, content creation etc.) to ensure the efficient and timely installation.
- On-going roll-out and maintenance of digital signage installations across Servus’ network.
- Collaborate with IS for the completion and delivery of hardware to external vendors.
- Work with Brand Development Specialist and Segment Marketing Consultants to coordinate and organize installs and technical issues (Hardware or Software).
- At least 5 years of digital media design.
- Experience with digital media creation, editing, and processing including understanding and adhering to industry standards.
- Experience with multiple digital signage player and network operation software applications and the vendors, and a keen understanding of the pros and cons of different applications in the industry.
- Good written and oral communications skills.
Education and Training:
- A Diploma or Degree in any of the following areas: Digital Arts and Media, Web Design/User Experience Design.
Any other special requirements necessary to do the job:
Occasional overtime. Weekend or shift work, available to travel, etc.
The business may from time to time ask for branch and/or department support for special projects and/or areas experiencing staff shortages. All employees may be asked to volunteer to assist in areas of need during these times. These assignments could result in a change of hours, location, and/or travel.