Primal Tribe – UX / UI Designer
Primal Tribe is looking for a talented UI / UX Designer to joining our growing Web Design & Development team at our Edmonton office. We are looking for an obsessive focus on the human element in web design. If you are focused on users and frustrated by friction in a design then this may be the role for you.
About the Position – UX / UI Designer
Joining the Design & Development team you will collaborate on the UX portion of website design and web application development projects for a wide variety of clients. The role will combine User Strategy, Personas, User Flows, Content Planning and feature definition tasks to assist other Design and Development team members with a focused website designed for real users. In this role you will:
- Consult with clients to gain necessary background about their company, goals, objectives and target users.
- Prepare targeted User Profiles and Personas.
- Prepare User-Flow Charts & Sitemaps for websites and web applications.
- Prepare Content Plan Maps & Feature Set Definitions.
- Produce Low-fi Mockups and Wireframes, and Screen-Flows for client presentation & feedback.
- Coordinate with Visual Website Designers, Content Producers, Front-end Developers and Programmers to match the website’s design and features to the UX Plan.
- Plan and organize user testing scenarios.
- Present UX Plans & materials for discussion and feedback; internally, and to clients.
This role requires a skilled knowledge of both design thinking and methodology. An ability to demonstrate a design portfolio and complete methodology/process are important requirements for applicants. Applicants must be self-directed and collaborative. Strong organizational and time management skills are also a requirement for success. We’re looking for someone with:
- Ideally 3+ years of experience in a UX Design, Web Design or UI Design role.
- Deep & detailed knowledge of UX Methodology (Personas, User-flows, Sitemaps, Content Structure, Wireframes)
- Demonstrated UX Design ability. (Low-fi Wireframes)
- Knowledge of key UX Software. (Sketch, Adobe XD, Balsamic, InVision)
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Ability to present complex ideas & handle criticism from clients and colleagues.
- Hi-fi Website Design or Visual Web Design skills considered a strong asset. (Atomic Design especially)
- Fundamental knowledge of HTML, PHP code, or CMS Platforms considered a strong asset.