NOTE: This position represents a three-year full-time contract position.
Are you looking for an exciting career opportunity in the field of Web? We’re looking for someone who can use their expertise in user experience (UX) to help shape the way users interact with our large institutional website. If you have experience with large-scale web content projects, doing user research and are passionate optimizing the user experience, we’d love to have you join our fantastic team! We provide a challenging and innovative work environment where you will have an opportunity to work with a wide variety of clients, and take on diverse and fun projects.
We offer excellent benefits and we are one of Montreal’s Top Employers of 2021!
Reporting to the Manager, Web Communications, the incumbent assures that all digital platforms that are centrally managed are fully optimized to deliver an exceptional user experience, and continually provides recommendations. He/she leads the implementation and aids in the delivery of web projects. He/she also conducts immersive user research, conceptual testing, usability testing, benchmarking and analytics.
- Develop information architecture documentation (site maps, navigation models, content models) for the University’s institutional website and sub-sites, intranet, portal, and mobile applications.
- Wireframe and prototype for existing and new features.
- Partner and collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams throughout all stages of the user-centered design process including documentation of user types, scenarios and tasks, as well as conceptual models and process flows, wireframes and mock-ups and other related design artifacts.
- Evaluate usability, accessibility and standards compliance of sites and services through heuristic evaluations, web analytics report and user testing.
- Plan and execute user research techniques such as stakeholder interviews and usability testing; explain various research methods to stakeholders.
- Design user experiences that leverage existing design systems and components in the Web Content Management System (WCMS), while contributing to the design system and designing new WCMS components when needed.
- Help & maintain the information architecture of complex taxonomies, metadata frameworks, and templates for the university-wide content management system.
- Incorporate insights from research studies and synthesize the findings into the visual user experience.
- Assist in designing UX & UI standards and best practices.
- Apply best practices, processes, and methodologies, and share knowledge with the web communications team.
- Monitor and report on web analytics data to inform design decisions; use qualitative and quantitative methods to inform design decisions and validate the effectiveness of changes.
- Assist in designing, updating and promoting high-quality websites that the search engines will crawl.
- Perform other duties as required by the Manager, Web Communications, the Web Project Coordinator and the Lead UX/IA Designer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Psychology, Communications, Computer Science, or in another field related to the primary responsibilities with over seven years of experience as a user experience designer.
- Experience leading large web content projects (500+ pages)
- Experience in building information architecture and defining user experiences for large institutions with multiple audiences.
- Ability to work as a team leader.
- Project Management Certification is an asset.
- Experience working in higher education is an asset.
- Knowledge of Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) desirable.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!