Slalom is a purpose-driven consulting firm that helps companies solve business problems and build for the future, with solutions spanning business advisory, customer experience, technology, and analytics. We partner with companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to nearly 4,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2016 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 25 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
Bring amazing daily. That’s what we ask.
- We’re looking for makers, collaborators, individuals who breathe design, individuals who always want to make digital experiences richer. Tell us what you’re great at, tell us what you love doing, and why you’re ready to join Slalom Toronto's Experience Design team. We want to hear from you.
- Jump in. Here’s a sample of what might happen on your first day:
- Collaborating with clients and internal teams to design the overall user experience for a wide variety of websites and applications, from desktop to mobile and whatever’s next—addressing things like product, brand, marketing and content strategy
- Planning, conducting, and leading client white-boarding sessions, workshops, design charrettes, and project meetings
- Prototyping (ranging from low- to high-fidelity with interactions and visual design) solutions and iterating them based on user insight and client feedback
- Balancing multiple projects at different stages and bringing unique perspectives to each
- Helping clients better understand their users – through structuring and conducting user research and usability evaluations
- Bringing your own unique perspective to solving challenging problems
- Expert-level proficiency with UX design-related software and tools (e.g., Axure, Bohemian Coding Sketch, InVIsion, Framer, Illustrator, Photoshop, Omnigraffle, Visio, InDesign, etc.)
- Breadth of experience along the spectrum of UX design, from strategy, to user research, information architecture, interaction design, information design and visual design
- Experience creating personas and customer journey maps/experience maps
- Portfolio of work samples that expresses your design work and original approaches to the challenges
- 3+ years of UX experience– taking ownership, driving understanding, and delivering solutions that exceed expectations
- Experience estimating UX project efforts and managing workload
- Executive presence - outstanding communication, design thought leadership, presentation and storytelling skills
- Strong interest in mobile UX, aptitude for learning new technologies and tinkering mentality
- Ability to lead, passion for learning and drive to grow
Slalom Is An Equal Opportunity Employer And All Qualified Applicants Will Receive Consideration For Employment Without Regard To Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability Status, Protected Veteran Status, Or Any Other Characteristic Protected By Law.