We’re seeking an accomplished, talented individual to join us in an exciting role, delivering optimal digital user experiences through sketches, user flows, wireframes and prototypes. Our team works on a variety of online properties ranging from consumer-facing marketing initiatives to large, complex interfaces. Our UX specialist needs to be able to solve problems, simplify complicated ideas, work within tight deadlines and understand disparate audiences to ensure the final experiences cater to the uniqueness of the targeted individuals. If you’re proud of your work, have a proven track record, and if being part of a diverse, growing team that works on a myriad of interesting projects, producing well-crafted, highly effective digital solutions sounds like you – we’d love to hear from you.
Daily Responsibilities (approximately 80%)
- Work collaboratively with Channel Strategists, Marketing Managers, Creative Team Members and IS teams to obtain and understand business and technical requirements
- Design user interfaces by applying the fundamental principles of user experience design, research experience, industry best practices and balancing those against system constraints and business objectives
- Work with the Research and Experience Strategy teams to create user personas to identify and isolate the primary audience(s) for marketing campaigns and ensure that the final designs are optimized towards this selected group
- Provide direction to internal Designers in the creation of online interfaces through the use of wireframes and guided user interaction documentation
- Develop rapid interactional UX prototypes that illustrate and document the optimum online experience; verify design assumptions through user testing
- Create and collaborate to direct the design of and revisions to interactive prototypes of websites and applications
- Review and analyze web analytic reports and usability test results in order to inform strategic design decisions and assess efficacy of completed work
- Organize architecture and content of client websites using content management systems and other tools
Additional Project Responsibilities (approximately 20%)
- Lead design review sessions with project teams, acquiring consensus and getting approvals on designs and documentation to meet the objectives of both the business and end user
- Design and revise the overarching information architecture for various web properties, including the creation of IA site maps and low and high fidelity wireframes based on client and team specifications, goals, needs and limitations
- Review existing websites and applications through heuristic evaluations to seek opportunities for iterative improvements
- Using qualitative and quantitative methods, construct user personas and scenario maps depicting online user behaviour patterns
- Two years’ experience as a user interface designer, user interaction designer or user experience designer
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, communication arts, computer science, human-computer interaction (HCI) or at least four years of related work experience as a user interface designer, user interaction designer or user experience designer
- User-focussed and analytical; the ideal person for this role will have a deep understanding and appreciation of the process of identifying users’ needs, coupled with the ability to balance the pros and cons of different designs, backed by research and analytics
- Strong experience creating screen UI flows, low and high fidelity wireframes and prototypes required
- Well versed in fundamental visual and interactive design disciplines & principles and user behavioural psychology
- Experience presenting and substantiating (both quantitatively and qualitatively) design decisions
- Experience with a variety of design tools including Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver), Visio, Axure, Mockingbird, OmniGraffle, InVision
- Strong communication skills across disciplines and the ability to effectively articulate experiential principles based on industry best practice guidelines, personal experience and research findings.
- Ability to define and execute best practices for user centered design throughout the project life cycle
- Certification or working on certification from an industry recognized user experience design institution preferred
- Experience in user research techniques an asset (e.g. surveys, usability tests, field interviews, focus groups)
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group providing forward-thinking solutions to help people with their big financial decisions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2015, we had approximately 34,000 employees, 63,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving 20 million customers. At the end of March 2016, we had $904 billion (US$697 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made more than $24.9 billion in benefits, interest and other payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Expiry Date: Oct 28, 2016, 8:59:00 PM