Reporting to the Manager, Web Communications, the incumbent supports the quality and timely delivery of the Digital Strategy’s Concordia Hub project using user-centered design to advance project goals. He/she analyses, coordinates, advises on and designs web pages pertaining to the Concordia Hub project.
The Concordia Hub project is part of the University’s Digital Strategy: http://www.concordia..a-hub.html
- Design user experiences that leverage existing design systems and components in the Web Content Management System (WCMS), while contributing to the design system and designing new WCMS components when needed.
- Evaluate existing web pages/sections that pertain to the project, as well as propose new pages and content re-structuring. Create plans to optimize and improve the project’s web presence based on current best practices in web communications and UX, and pre-defined communications goals.
- Create design mock-ups and proof-of-concepts (POC) of web pages and sections for the Concordia Hub project.
- Collaborate with team members during style and/or content integration to ensure implementation conforms to design intentions
- Use web analytics data to make informed content and design decisions, and communicate findings to the Concordia Hub team.
- Evaluate usability, accessibility and standards compliance of sites and services through heuristic evaluations, web usage reports and user testing.
- Apply current UX tools & methodologies to aid in decision making, and share results with all Concordia Hub team members in a clear and concise way.
- Design web pages using the appropriate technologies to ensure universal accessibility and mobile friendliness.
- Consult with clients regarding their content and communications needs, as well as propose changes.
- Develop content strategy to ensure that web pages are optimized for current SEO standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to the primary responsibilities with over seven years of experience working in UX/UI with strong knowledge of best practices in the field.
- Experience defining user journeys for large websites
- Experience working with complex taxonomies.
- UX/UI certification desirable (NNg/HFI)
- Experience working in higher education and knowledge of Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) are assets.
- Knowledge of SEO.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, digital imaging and illustration and wire framing/mockup software.
- Experience working in content management systems.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and basic knowledge (Level 3) of French spoken and written.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!