Requisition ID: 15020438
Work Location: Canada-Ontario-Toronto-40 Dundas Street West 4th Floor
Unposting Date: Oct 19, 2015, 8:59:00 PM
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders.
CIBC delivers access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
As a User Experience Lead, you will join CIBC’s Digital Strategic Initiatives department to create and maintain ongoing in-house UI standards, guidelines, and specifications for CIBC’s customer-facing properties, primarily CIBC.com. You will take an active role in the identification and recommendation of future site improvements through active awareness and understanding of site metrics, industry best practices and voice of customer.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Deliver wireframes, storyboards, information architecture, high-fidelity comps and take responsibility for overall quality of design deliverables for Marketing and Online Banking projects.
- Document and/or oversee detailed designs and interactions in a User Interface Design document.
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate usability testing, including creation of prototypes.
- Collaborate with product groups, marketing team and our internal development teams to come up with effective campaigns.
- Present design concepts at stakeholder review meetings and engaging in a friendly critique session in order to come up with a great design.
- Provide expertise and thought leadership from a human factors perspective, digital marketing and online banking best practices, content generation and maintenance perspective, business feasibility, competitive awareness and overall Internet (medium) understanding.
- Interact with peers in the other User Experience groups for consistency of design standards and knowledge sharing of best practices.
- Recommend changes to business processes in order to enhance operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Contribute to Digital SI’s customer satisfaction targets from an online user experience, design and content perspective by creating and maintaining User Experience roadmaps and style guides.
What We’re Looking For
- Education in Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction or equivalent relevant work experience is an absolute must.
- Expertise in user experience issues, including HCI principles, Internet design principles, W3C standards, accessibility considerations, user research techniques and usability testing.
- Experience with designing for a marketing site (i.e., familiar with the sales funnel and structuring a site specifically for the client experience with sales conversion in mind).
- Prior UX experience with another financial institution is a very strong asset.
- Experience designing with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) or comparable component based content management system.
- Experience creating and managing Wikis in Sharepoint.
- An eye for aesthetically pleasing designs, appreciation for graphic design elements and information display.
- Ability to clearly document designs, explain design concepts, and effectively communicate project and design rationale to both designers and non-designers at all levels of the organization.
- In-depth understanding of user-centered design methodologies which have been successfully put into practice including usability test facilitation.
- Deep knowledge of internet accessibility standards and direct experience implementing accessible sites for desktops and mobile apps.
- In-depth understanding of electronic delivery, including Internet and mobile technology, responsive web design, web content, browser capability, accessibility and implementation.
- Successful candidates must exhibit CIBC’s values of trust, team work, and accountability.
What CIBC Can Offer You
- Flexible health benefits, stock purchase plan, competitive incentive pay and recognition programs
- Competitive salary and banking benefits
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities
- Opportunity to be involved in CIBC events that help our communities
What You Need To Know
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role.