Are you passionate about the spirits, wine and beer industry? If so, Come and join Wirtz Beverage Canada team, the exclusive sales force for Diageo spirits, Wine and beer brands in Canada.
Wirtz Beverage Group is a leading North American distributor/broker of the world’s top luxury and premium wine, spirits and beer brands.
Expanding to an international footprint, Wirtz Beverage Canada began operations as the exclusive broker for Diageo wine, spirits and beer in July 2014. Diageo is the world’s largest premium drinks company with an enviable portfolio that includes Smirnoff, Ciroc, Kettle One, Johnnie Walker, Crown Royal, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray, Guinness and Sterling Vineyards Wines.
Wirtz Beverage Canada is led by a dedicated and highly talented Canadian sales force equipped with advanced brand knowledge and selling resources. We have regional offices in in Vancouver, Edmonton, Montreal and Toronto. If you are passionate about the spirits, wine and beer industry; have a true passion for consultative selling; love to win; enjoy working in a fast pace environment; love to grow and develop; enjoy having responsibility and love challenges; love to have fun; and be part of a dynamic team, we would love to talk to you!
- Plan and execute a daily schedule of sales call on a pre-determined route (route schedule)
- Lead merchandising efforts in customer for all products, general distribution and promotions/programs.
Develop effective business relationships with assigned customers
- Provide management with specific and current information on competitive activity, market challenges and merchandising opportunities.
- Execute sales calls using the company’s Structured Call methodology
- Work with suppliers representatives and managers in the field to promote products
- Service and improve the marketability of our products through shelf management, display position and frequency, concept selling and price point management
- Pack shelves, build and refresh displays, place POS and stock cold box
- Obtain feedback from accounts on effectiveness of consumer programming and report trends to management
- Design and build creative displays to showcase brands
- Negotiate display space at the secondary tier retail locations
- Continual development of industry, channel, and brand knowledge
- Maintain shelf schematic compliance and monitor stock levels of products in store
Must be able to:
- Live and demonstrate the Wirtz Ways of Working (values).
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrate and exhibit high levels of professionalism
- Demonstrate sound judgment and problem solving skills
- Perform job duties in an accurate, proficient and timely manner
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Rely on some instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Knowledge of Liquor Board Regulations, market trends and competition
- College degree required
- Proficient MS Office skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be at least 19 years of age in (or 18 years of age in Alberta, Quebec, and Manitoba)
- Must have fully insured, reliable and appropriate transportation
Physical Demands of Job:
- Carrying and lifting 45-65 pounds
- Immediate reaching to perform various duties
- Overhead reaching to perform various duties
- Standing and walking for periods of time to perform various duties
- Squatting or bending to perform various duties as assigned