DIRECTED is the largest designer and marketer in North America of consumer-branded vehicle security and remote start systems. Founded in 1982, the company’s primary operations are located in Vista, California and Lachine Quebec. If you are up to the challenge apply to be part of a leading cutting edge Documentation team in the electronic automotive industry then join us in our Lachine location that includes an in house gym and recreational room for all employees!
We are looking for two Tech Writers to join our team for a 3-4 month contract (Freelancers available to be on-site for duration of contract are welcome), with possibility of becoming permanent. As Technical Writer, you will report to the Documentation Supervisor and will perform a series of tasks for the Engineering, Validation and Technical Support departments.
- Editing, writing, designing, formatting the page layout, illustrating, updating and publishing product installation and user documentation.
- Working closely with the Engineering, Validation and Technical Support departments to gather all the information required in the documentation and during verification testing to check the accuracy of this information.
- Managing the review process of each document that is created and/or modified using Adobe InDesign.
- Creating installation line art and diagrams with Adobe Illustrator and on occasion, modifying images using Adobe Photoshop.
- Creating PDF files that will be published on our web sites via the intranet or delivered to the Production department, in order to be printed and included in the product packaging.
- Managing the maintenance of source files in a virtual documentation library.
- Bachelor’s degree or DEP in technical writing, communications or any related degree.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in writing and editing consumer and technical product manuals (installers and users), preferably in the 12 Volt automotive consumer electronics industry.
- Excellent proficiency of the French and English language (spoken and written), as well as an ability to translate material.
- Proficient competencies in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Adobe Creative Cloud (CC 2015) – more specificallyAcrobat, Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop .
- Basic competencies in CorelDraw and SharePoint are also an asset.