The Manitoba and Saskatchewan Chapter of the Canadian Concrete Pipe Association is a trade association focused on promoting concrete pipe and manhole products for the precast pipe industry. The Manitoba Chapter has been in operation for the last 5 years with the national structure commencing operation since 1992. The CCPA has an immediate opening for a Technical Resource Engineer position focused on the Manitoba and Saskatchewan market place.
Job Description /Responsibilities
Your abilities to confidently influence actions of decision makers will leave significant impact on the growing industry of concrete piping in the Manitoba and Saskatchewan market place. With the application of solid Engineering expertise and comfort in connecting with others, you will derive the desired increased usage of precast concrete products. Taking ownership of this Technical Resource Engineer opportunity you will deal directly with concrete industry consultants, bureaucrats and infrastructure owners.
Working independently in the markets you will be responsible for strategic development and enhancement of relationships with municipalities. Organizing and conducting industry training seminars which enhance appreciation of precast concrete products will be instrumental to success in this role. Active engagement with project designers and participation in specification reviews will be frequent demands of the position.
Responsibility in creating and adherence to the annual budget is required. Ensure maximum outstanding recognition within the industry through personal representation at tradeshows and events. Excelling in large and small public speaking engagements is required. Responsibility in both the Canadian and American Concrete Pipe Association marketing activities and communication events is expected.
Experience and Technical Skills
- Knowledge and understanding of underground infrastructure and the precast concrete drainage industry, with 5 years experience, is an asset
- Knowledge of competitive pipe products
- Strong ability to work alone with sound time management skills
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Strong public speaking skills and computer skills with direct experience with Microsoft Office and Auto CAD
- University degree in Engineering with a P.Eng designation strongly recommended
- The position will require the successful candidate to operate a home-based office located in Saskatchewan (Regina or Saskatoon)
A competitive compensation package will be offered including salary, performance bonus and health benefits.