Syncrude Public Affairs Representative - Internal Communications-PUB00137
Be a part of something big. Now is an exciting time to join one of Canada's largest operators in the oil sands industry. Our company has a 50-year history of innovation and responsible operations led by employees who have pioneered many of the technologies used today.
We're looking for a well-rounded, highly motivated individual to be part of our team. This person is a key part of our internal communications group that provides high-quality writing to Syncrude with a strong focus on responsible oil sands development, employee successes and business literacy within the organization.
As a Public Affairs Representative, duties include developing story ideas, research and conducting interviews to create internal and external content for a variety of platforms in both traditional and electronic format. The successful candidate requires the ability to manage a high-volume workload and meet deadlines, while working collaboratively with employees across Syncrude and members of the community.
In this role, you will:
- Research, interview and write internal communications articles for both on-line and traditional newsletter publications, includes providing photos.
- Support the content team responsible for internal Communications in the design, content development and distribution on a weekly basis.
- Contribute to the Extranet, including taking rotational responsibilities for content update.
- Provide backup and support coverage for Public Affairs Specialist on items including digital updates.
- Support department special projects and events as assigned by the leadership team. Examples include Trade Shows, community events and employee information sessions.
- Take part in on-call rotation as part of Syncrude's crises communications team.
- Formal education in communications or equivalent experience is required for this position, for example: Communications, Public Relations and/or Journalism.
- Strong writing and editing skills with an ability to write in a journalistic format consistent with CP style.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex technical information, frequently to a non-technical audience.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Team player with ability to work independently as required.
- Ability to work in concert with other PA team members to produce high quality products.
- Ability to manage complex and demanding workload with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical skills that involve an ability to exercise sound judgment to a variety of complex situations.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and meet applicable deadlines consistently.
This is a term position for a period up to 12 months and is based in Fort McMurray, Alberta.
This posting will close on June 15, 2017.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
Candidates applying for this position must be eligible to permanently work in Canada or presently have the required approvals to work permanently in Canada.
To assist us in our assessment, please paste your resume when you apply on-line. http://www.syncrude...b-listing/
This is most easily done by saving a copy in a .txt format prior to pasting it in the appropriate part of our application.