Benevity is the global leader in online workplace giving, matching, volunteering and community investment software. Many of the world’s most iconic brands rely on Spark, Benevity’s award-winning cloud solution, to power corporate “Goodness Programs” that attract, retain and engage today’s diverse workforce by connecting people to the social causes that matter to them.
Who you are:
Benevity is actively seeking a persuasive senior writer to play a key role in continuing our rocket-paced growth. As our in-house Storyteller, you will work within our marketing team to elevate Benevity’s brand to reach new enterprise clients, industry influencers and the media. You are driven by breaking through the noise of today’s content marketing and media landscape, finding ways to break down complex ideas and crafting compelling stories that change hearts and minds (and get people to take action!).
You’re a “get it done” kind of person, with stellar organizational skills and are able to build strong relationships with internal partners, including senior executives. If making a difference matters to you and working with a company that helps its clients to change the world sounds like an exciting adventure, then read on!
What you will do
- Work closely with our leadership team in developing and writing our corporate communications, including press releases, executive bylines and internal communications
- Use your highly developed writing and editing skills to write blogs, case studies, client stories, rich content pieces, social media content, e-books
- Write pithy and engaging content for social media and events communications
- Identify client success stories from across the company and surface them as opportunities for content
- Work with subject matter experts across the business to ensure that our content is both persuasive and accurate, in addition to being impeccably written
- Build relationships across all teams to develop a strong understanding of all of Benevity’s products and services
- Provide proofreading, writing and editing support as needed
- Deliver all outputs on time and on brand, consistently
What you bring:
- Bachelors degree in Journalism, English, Creative Writing, Communications, Marketing or a related field
- 7-10 years experience in a communications or writing role
- Expert level writing skills, including experience writing press releases and blogs that shows you not only know how to write, but you know when to break the rules
- Proven interpersonal and written/spoken communication skills to effectively work with cross-functional teams, primarily Executive team members, Sales, Marketing and Client Success teams
- Super sleuthing skills; you know who to talk to and how to ask the right questions to get the information you need so that you are always writing accurate content
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality and continuous improvement
- Excellent organizational skills including coordinating deliverables to meet quality requirements and deadlines
- Flexibility and a nimble approach to getting things done—a must in our fast-paced environment!
- Client-focused and goal-oriented, focused on assessing client needs and adapting communications to show them we have what they need
- Experience working within CSR, non-profits and/or fundraising would be considered an asset
What you can expect:
- Work in a fast-paced environment for a dynamic, rapidly growing company with a history of proven success.
- Join a team of innovative thinkers, keen to be part of a growing company that is all about helping businesses create innovative corporate and workplace giving programs.
- Develop professional internal and external relationships with other people passionate about the Benevity mission.
- Foster innovation and drive efficiencies within the charitable landscape.
- Connect with a rapidly growing and passionate group in an open, collaborative and fun environment.
While we sincerely appreciate every application received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.