- You are coachable and comfortable standing in a sea of possibility…you are open minded and an explorer…while being nimble, turning on a dime as projects evolve.
- You can steward a project from ideation to execution, working cross functionally (i.e. you’re a project management maestro).
- You take pride in being a ‘generalist.’
- You have natural design sensibilities, ideally trained in interior design / architecture / industrial design…and retail business (yep, mash em all together). Alternatively, you can manage design services (e.g. architects) to effectively & efficiently produce results (e.g. articulate vision through design brief, manage designer to move from concept design to final shop drawings, install prototypes and test). Naturally, all while being mindful of our brand vision and future trends.
- You are a confident communicator… relatable…a listener…an achiever…an activator. That is, someone that works beautifully cross functionally, managing the ‘details,’ while equally comfortable working with the Executive Team.
- You are a storyteller. You can craft a poetic narrative and create a clear, compelling, and inspirational vision.
- You are plugged in, well travelled, well shopped, and inspired.
- Project management: managing the process of designing, and building, retail environments. Including concept design, prototype design and fabrication, management of ancilliary services (architects, interior designers, contractors) and multidisciplinary project team management (executive, marketing, retail operations, IT, product).
- Store design concept development, prototyping, roll-out: development of new ideas for retail environments, prototyping of ideas, architectural modeling and final design for mass production.
- Interior design and/or architecture and/or industrial design.
- Multi-disciplinary design work: interiors, architecture, industrial/product design, art, millwork fabrication, branded (marketing) environments and communication. A seasoned designer that can work in all of these disciplines.
Required Skills, Experience and Academic/Educational Requirements:
- Degree required, preferably in design (industrial or graphic) or architecture
- Strong, extensive Project Management experience
- Experience working in a vertically integrated retail environment
- 5+ years extensive experience in store design concept development, prototyping, roll-out
- Interior design & architecture
- Cross functional project team management experience
- Multi-disciplinary design experience working in multiple disciplines varying from interiors, architecture, industrial/product design, art, millwork fabrication, branded (marketing) environments and communication
- 10+ yrs professional, multi-disciplinary experience
permanent full time position.
This job has expired or been closed by the employer, please visit our home page