Salary: 110,000-140,000 CAD
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Undergraduate degree a must. Masters degree in Geography / Urban Planning / GIS preferred.
Years of Experience: 10+ years relevant experience
Positions Available: 1 - full time and permanent
NOC Group: 1122
Comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental) and performance based bonus available
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1E3 Canada
Job Summary: An integral part of the Store Development Team, and reporting to the VP of Strategy, the Store Development Strategy Director is responsible for leading the development of lululemon’s global store development strategy. Work cross functionally to create long term store growth and portfolio management plans.
- Provide sound leadership and coaching cross functionally on analytic and strategic thinking, as well as the discipline of market planning.
- Define market opportunity across geographies and concepts from country down to the city and trade area level for stores and ecommerce.
- Collaborate with Operations and Store Development leadership to create store and ecommerce build out strategies to achieve full potential.
- Lead the development of initial market plans for international markets. Collaborate with international Operations, Community and Store Development teams to target & sequence geographic areas for market seeding and store development.
- Design and conduct required research and analyses to support store development decision making (e.g. site analysis, sales modeling, cannibalization)
- Collaborate with Finance to develop financial scenarios, projections and allocate resources to ensure strategy implementation through the annual operating plan process.
- Develop strategies to manage the growing store portfolio, such as site renewals, relocations and renovation.
- Minimum of 10 years' directly relevant experience: market planning and store development strategy experience at global multi-unit retailer. International experience a must.
- Strategic & Analytic Thinker: creates and implements analytic tools to enable strategic decision making in the area of store development.
- Enrollment: touch, move, and inspire others to see a possibility that otherwise would not exist.
- Straight Talk: communicates openly and authentically so that others can hear and take action.
- Agility: leads the organization with purpose and shifts quickly based on what is needed to achieve the purpose.
- Drive for Results: mobilizes people to achieve results with energy, drive and a need to finish.
- Collaboration: is in relationship, works with others to produce the best solutions and achieve results.
- Proven leader in managing across functional relationships; can both blend into the company’s corporate culture while at the same time acting as an agent of change for process and system improvement.
- Travel domestically and internationally as necessary.
Our “must haves”:
- Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
- Passion for fitness, the outdoors and an active lifestyle
- Desire to excel and succeed
- Actively live and breathe the lululemon culture and lifestyle
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (goal –oriented)
- Entrepreneurial spirit and an egoless nature
- Self motivated, passionate, empathetic, approachable
- Outgoing, energetic, upbeat and fun!