POSITION: Sr. Graphic Designer
REPORTS TO: VP, Brand & Digital Marketing
COMPANY: Toronto Blue Jays
LOCATION: Rogers Centre, One Blue Jays Way
Toronto Blue Jays is seeking an experienced and passionate full-time Senior Graphic designer. As a conceptual thinker you can translate ideas into original, innovative and effective design solutions. You’re passionate about design and technology, staying on top of current trends and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Your thirst for quality work is complimented with solid design skills and exceptional attention to detail. You are receptive to feedback and direction while also possessing the ability to coach and develop Jr designers. You possess a strong eye in layout, composition, typography and photography and bring that to all the work you do. Your knowledge of print production file set up and pre-flight is exceptional.
You will work collaboratively with the creative team to build the annual brand campaign, establishing the look and feel across various interfaces, including in stadium, social media, email, website etc. You will be required to develop assets to drive ticket sales, create fan engagement as well as strengthen overall brand affinity. You are able to work within brand guidelines to create layouts that reinforce the brands voice through its visual touchpoints, and you will continue to develop and strengthen the brand design guidelines, including typeface, colour and logo architecture. We are looking for someone ambitious, ability to multi-task, team player and a keen eye for design, as well as someone that loves the game of baseball and the Blue Jays brand.
- Supports design team in campaign creation and work collaboratively with cross-functional departments on varied creative projects.
- Develops assets across touchpoints including: social, print, billboard, website, digital and email. Familiar with HTML
- Create, organize and resize assets as required
- Develop animation for use in gifs and video
- Proactively bring forward new ideas, references and creative design thinking that elevates the Blue Jays brand.
- Stay abreast of industry, competitor and cultural trends, pulling these references into ideas for digital initiatives and/or creative projects
- Manage a project from conceptualization to final product. Work with Project Manager to execute project timelines.
- 5+ years of professional working experience in advertising or in-house environment
- Post-secondary education in graphic design
- Exceptional print production experience; can design to any environment, size, scale etc. and prep flawless files.
- Extensive knowledge of and ability to work in Adobe Creative Suites
- Impeccable taste for great design, typography, colour and amazing attention to detail.
- Experience in motion graphics and building animations with Adobe After Effects
- Demonstrate the ability to take direction, coach others and thrive in a team environment
- Welcome constructive feedback and believe in continuous learning
- Strong understanding of social media and video formats, codecs, resolutions, etc.
- Ability to work under the pressure of tight timelines and rise to the creative challenge.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong and clear written and verbal communication as well as time management skills
- Agility: able to shift priorities, multi-task, problem solve and complete projects as the work landscape shifts.
- General knowledge of the game of baseball and passion for the Blue Jays brand
All applicants must include a link to their portfolio and resume.
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!