AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Under the direction of the Manager, Creative Services,as a member of the Strategic Communications team, provide high level graphic design expertise and assist in the development of concepts and strategies that will meet the client’s needs. This role will act as a task lead responsible for bringing projects from concept to completion.
- Develop original designs and artwork for corporate branded materials which include, but are not limited to advertising campaigns, brochures, signs / wayfinding graphics, posters, banners, environmental design, web and other digital and print materials.
- Follow creative direction provided by Manager, Creative Services and assuming project as creative services lead post brief.
- Participate in client meetings to aid in developing marketing / advertising and design strategies. Assist in the development of concepts to visually interpret initiatives and ideas in both digital and print.
- Work closely with Manager of Creative Services, Communication Advisors, Production Department and clients through conception, creation and the production of designs. Co-ordinate with said team members to work through revisions and obtain final sign off.
- Create designs based on strategic briefs, while maintaining corporate brand image, high quality standards and latest graphic design, emerging print, digital and web trends.
- Accountable for ensuring all tasks are on track to meet deadlines.
- Co-ordinate with team members to work through revisions and obtain final sign off.
- Responsible to complete flight check files and printer proofs for accuracy as well as preparation of files for production output (die lines, type safety, pre-press) and create mockups when required.
- Using technical design software and hardware to create and assemble various digital and print materials.
- Ensure all materials produced conform to department procedures and guidelines.
- Attend off site meetings to contribute to creative and production solutions when required.
- Performs additional similar and related duties as assigned.
- High School (Grade 12) graduation plus an additional program of three to four years in Graphic Design or equivalent.
- Over 4 years, up to and including 8 years’ experience in a graphic design and/or marketing, advertising environment or equivalent.
- Must be proficient in graphic design software products such as the Adobe Creative Suite Programs (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Experience working in an agency environment preferred.
- Extensive experience working in branding or with corporate or consumer brands.
- Experience acting as a task lead, bringing project from concept to completion and delegating tasks to support staff as required.
- A strong visual portfolio that demonstrates qualifications and creativity.
- Must possess exceptional design sense with a solid understanding of design fundamentals including information hierarchy, typography, colour, imagery / photography principals and layout.
- Solid understanding of print and digital production best practices.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Able to take client concepts to visual and graphic results.
- Strong time management skills to meet deadlines on multiple projects.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Exciting things are happening at the City of Brampton. To hear more of what our employees have to say, watch our Join Our Team Video. For some insight on Brampton’s future watch our Planning Vision Videoby renowned Planner Larry Beasley.
**Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
**Starting Salary: $73,109.40per annum