Helping Albertans achieve their dreams by turning the complex world of banking into brilliantly simple solutions. That’s ATB. Is that you?
Social Media Strategist
Let’s start with the challenge. ATB is a kind of bank that’s determined to not be like the rest of the banks. Not stodgy. We fully support and encourage our team members to be engaged in social media. We love humour if it’s done right and hate it when it’s self-serving, or, worse, not funny. We have a story (not a vision, not a mission) built from 94 words. That story promises ATB will transform banking, make banking work for people, do things other banks wouldn’t do, and create happiness. And while we’re proud of what we’ve accomplished, we’re more interested in where we’re going next: a technology company that delivers the latest and easiest ways to bank. And a technology company that is amazingly good at knowing what customers need, and creating amazing customer experiences whether online, on a mobile device, or in our network of branches and agencies.
If you cringed at that sentence with amazing in it, if you don’t think banking and amazing can go together, then you can stop reading now.
Okay, how does social media fit into that picture?
We aim to:
- Deliver engaging, relevant, timely, and shareable content,
- Enhance customers’ experience, no matter how customers choose to deal with ATB,
- Collect insight to improve customer service across all channels.
This involves strategizing, developing, executing, and analyzing social media content for ATB’s official social media platforms, in the process maintaining a consistent look and voice for ATB in the social mediascape.
If that puts the opportunity into a clearer focus, then digest some of the specific accountabilities:
- A sense of humor.
- A love of people.
- A deep and self-sustaining interest in social media—its genesis, its story, its innovations, its theory, its usage, its perils, its promises, its use in crisis communications.
- The ability to inspire others about social media. And to explain why.
- A crazy commitment to accuracy, voice and brand.
- A knowledge of when it makes sense to run a contest in social media. Conversely, when it doesn’t.
- The Social Media Strategist is also responsible for:
- Developing a company-wide social media strategy, partnering with social media experts across ATB, advising on the aspects of creative briefs that involve social media requests, overseeing analysis of sentiment and effectiveness of ATB’s marketing plan.
- Bringing an innovative and hungry mind to the social media space. We expect the successful applicant to be able to explain what an innovative and hungry mind is when it comes to social media.
- Keeping current and helping to enforce ATB social media guidelines and social media usage recommendations.
- Innovating in the social media space.
- And posting.
This position will interact with internal customers, marketing specialists, ATB team members, and ATB customers, and help fashion a compelling reputation for ATB in the marketplace. Including those who should be ATB customers!
As the ideal candidate you possess the following:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Conversant in strategic planning, with experience in project management.
- Bachelors Degree in English, Communications, Journalism, or related discipline in business or marketing, or equivalent practical education.
- Minimum 5 years experience writing and editing in social media.
- Expert editorial skills
- Expert knowledge of social media analytics.
So what can ATB Financial offer you? Imagine paying less for your everyday banking, mortgages, loans and investments. Throw in an excellent benefits and pension package, opportunities for career advancement, and a financial institution that’s leading the way in change – now you’re talking about a career with a company that allows you to grow. As an award-winning employer-of-choice – we have the best of the best working for Albertans. Sound like a team you want to be a part of?