FGL Sports Ltd. is Canada's largest national retailer of sporting goods, offering a comprehensive assortment of brand-name and private-brand products, operating stores from coast to coast, under the following corporate and franchise banners: Sport Chek, National Sports, Sports Experts, Intersport, Atmosphere, Tech Shop, Nevada Bob's Golf, and S3. FGL Sports Ltd. also has websites for several of its corporate and franchise banners which can be accessed through its main website at www.fglsports.com.
Reporting to the AVP Digital Marketing at FGL Sports, the Social Media Manager will lead the Social Media team.
The Social Media Manager is responsible for developing and implementing the Social Media Strategy for existing and future social media channels, including managing budgets, developing brand awareness, generating traffic and driving engagement through strategic and relevant content, thus deepening the customer relationship with the brand.
• Develop and implement social media strategies for various channels, including managing budgets, developing brand awareness, generating inbound traffic and encouraging product/service adoption
- Coordinate with stakeholders across the Company to ensure its effectiveness and encourage adoption of relevant social media techniques
- Develop and execute tactics to support branded, vendor, co-marketing and tactical campaigns aimed at creating and enhancing customer engagement across all existing and future social media channels
- Reinforce the desired brand attributes and create positive customer experiences via social media channels and content delivery
- Responsible for measurement, reporting and analysis using tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, etc. to measure the impact and effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results
- Must be able to think strategically, but also be willing and able to roll up his/her sleeves to help implement the programs
- Lead or participate in special projects for marketing, as required
- Manage social media campaigns and day-to-day activities. Maintain external social media sites and consistently update and control content and design
Required Skills and Experience
- 5-7 years of related work experience;
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, Digg, Youtube, Twitter, Flickr etc.) and how they can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Knowledge of marketing concepts, including consumer behavior, planning, segmentation, demographics, public relations, and social media marketing.
- A successful track record of planning, testing, launching, monitoring, optimizing and measuring social media campaigns.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and have excellent presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork capabilities, ability to develop strong trust-based relationships, and the confidence to take the lead and guide other departments when necessary.
- Good knowledge of principles of SEO.
- Ability to analyze and pro-actively solve problems.
- Ability to cross-train other employees on electronic and social marketing related functions.
- Successful experience managing agencies, external partners and suppliers;
- Excellent verbal and written skills including experience with copywriting and editing;
- Highly organized, focused with strong attention to detail;
- Strong initiative, time management, and project management skills;
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws an asset;
- Enjoys sports, is physically active, leads a healthy lifestyle and therefore has a strong affinity to the business.
- Builds Trust and Credibility by consistently adhering to the organization’s business principles and values. Is seen as direct, truthful, and trustworthy by co-workers, vendors, and customers.
- Committed to results by taking personal responsibility for achieving mutually agreed upon individual/team objectives.
- Demonstrates a desire to help and serve internal/external customers to meet their needs. Is proactive, responsive, and focused on discovering, anticipating, and exceeding the customer’s needs.
- Works collaboratively and cooperatively with others to achieve shared goals and objectives. Considers the wider team, function, banner or the organization and takes action or makes decisions which support the success of those groups.
- Recovers quickly after change, disruptions, or mistakes and can remain productive and focused. Is adaptable and can apply lessons learned in one situation to another situation.
Academic / Educational requirements
• Post-secondary education (Bachelors/Diploma) in Business, English, Marketing or Communications