At Outside the Cube, our only loyalty is to our clients. Our goals are our client’s goals and we ensure our partners provide what is asked. We make our client’s job easy. Our team is designed to ensure our clients receive the best product at the best price. We specialize in tourism and sport/event tourism.
As a part of an integrated and dynamic team, the Social Media and Innovation position is responsible for developing strategic and innovative ways to meet our client’s marketing objectives online.
This person will bring an expertise in social media strategy and implementation, in depth knowledge of web technologies and their various strengths and weaknesses as well as some basic programming experience, understanding of mobile app and web technologies. They will also have the ability to analyse web and social media traffic and present clear analysis and recommended actions.
This person will work with our clients to generate, via online media, more leads, increased traffic and greater awareness of their products or services. Flexibility and creativity will be key to come up with innovative ways to reach the client’s target audience. In addition to working with our clients, this person will be responsible for maintaining the OTC network and assisting OTC staff with technical issues. This person will provide the “bridge” between all things technical to our clients’ business and marketing needs as well as internally for OTC.
All this will be done on time and on budget.
Education, Experience and Skills Required
- Post-secondary education in one of the following fields: computers, business, marketing or related field and/or
- Strong awareness of web technologies, business and marketing strategies and,
- Capabilities to support office network and computer needs (hardware/software)
- Minimum of five years experience in web marketing, including SEO and SEM
- Minimum of two-three years project management experience
- Minimum of two-three years experience with social media marketing and strategy
- Knowledge of both Windows and Mac computers in order to debug hardware and software issues
- Defining web site requirements and architecture that meet the client’s needs and can be built by sub-contractors
- Strong understanding of online advertising and how to track its effectiveness
- Knowledge of web technologies such as content management systems, server side scripting (in particular PHP), and client side scripting
- Understanding of domain management (DNS records) and ability to define hosting requirements
- Working in the Tourism Industry, understanding sales channels and industry structure as well as Sport Tourism would be an asset
- Comfortable with debugging hardware and software for both Windows and Macs
- Ability to effectively communicate requirements and project manage freelance programmers
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to quickly analyse analytics data and provide clear recommendations to meet marketing objectives
- Ability to multi-task and work in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent assessment and communications skills (verbal and written)
- Sensitivity and confidentiality, interpersonal effectiveness skills
- Ability to interact with the public and a variety of clients in a professional manner
- Knowledge of the Yukon tourism industry is desirable.
- General knowledge of sport and sport tourism in the Territory is also desirable.