The Social Media Community Specialist is the appointed administrator for TransCanada’s corporate and/or project-based social media communities.
Reporting to the Team Lead Digital Communications & Social Media, this position is responsible for initiating and sustaining a relevant dialogue with TransCanada’s social media audience through the creation and publication of compelling content, direct interaction, and implementing tactics to positively affect TransCanada’s key strategic goals. This position will play a crucial communications role in TransCanada’s $38BN capital program.
* This is a one year contract through a third party, with the possibility of becoming permanent.
- Moderate comments, questions and other user-generated content on all social media properties;
- Interact and engage with key stakeholders on social media;
- Identify and build relationships with influencers;
- Publish content in accordance to a publication/content calendar;
- Manage the input of content contributors from various departments within the organization;
- Ensure critical timelines are followed.
- Effectively use social listening and analytic tools, glean insight from output, and translate insights into meaningful actionable recommendations;
- Monitor competitive social media and online communities for activity that may be of strategic relevance;
- Produce regular qualitative and quantitative analytic reports tracking performance against goals and KPIs;
- Identify, in real-time, opportunities to interact or engage with stakeholders to positively influence objectives.
- Assist with the creation and delivery of content briefing documents;
- Create valuable social media content in collaboration with creative teams, subject-matter experts, and other resources;
- Adapt and optimize content for publication on various social media platforms;
- Deconstruct and optimize long-format web and blog content into shorter format content for use on various social media platforms;
- Review and edit all content prior to publication;
- Input content into a publication calendar.
- Provide the social media team with updates, POVs and perspective on current happenings in social media.
Qualifications and Education:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong understanding of web and social media writing best practices;
- Ability to understand intricacies of complex business models;
- Analytical and able to glean insight from quantitative data;
- Extensive experience working with integrated teams toward the effective implementation of social media strategies;
- Confident to voice opinions, recommendations, concerns and opportunities;
- Responsible and accountable;
- Passion for social media, content marketing, and growing and nurturing online communities;
- Interest in energy, energy infrastructure, and its related societal impact;
- Attention to detail.
- University degree in communications,journalism, public relations or business is required;
- Minimum 4 years of experience managing social media and engaging with online communities;
- Proven experience interacting and engaging on social media and web platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube, and blogging platforms.
*Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
All positions require background screening. Some include criminal and/or credit checks in order to comply with regulations.
TransCanada is an equal opportunity employer.
Relocation Eligibility: None
Make what you do matter.
At TransCanada we dream big, think big and do big things. For over 60 years, we've had the vision and scale to deliver big things that matter to the world. From supplying reliable and efficient energy to millions of North Americans with our pipelines, gas storage and power generation facilities, we believe in making big things possible.
TransCanada is looking for people who are willing to think about the future...and think big. We're looking for people who are ready to take on the most significant challenges of their careers and define energy infrastructure in North America.
Thank you for choosing TransCanada in your career search.