Social Media Associate
You are highly motivated, creative, and passionate about connecting with people.
At VCA Canada, we’re Caring For Life’s Greatest Companions – your pets. We see things differently – we don’t see an animal, we see a family member. That’s why our network of over 80 animal hospitals country wide work hard to provide the best patient care and client experience to each and every one. We have a group of dedicated professionals in our Calgary Support Office helping make this happen.
About the Role
This is a permanent full time Social Media Associate role based in Calgary with responsibilities to support VCA Canada’s hospitals as well as VCA Canada’s strategic and long-term strategy by executing the social media and digital component of this strategy. For that reason, we’re looking for the right long term fit.
This is a new role, and main responsibilities include:
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification.
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action.
- Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content.
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community
- Create editorial calendars and syndication schedules.
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information.
- Collaborate with other departments (HR, Outreach, etc.) to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate actions.
- Assist the Communications team with design and production.
About You – Values and Work Style
- You believe communication and client service are critical, and are willing to do extra to deliver.
- You value team and organizational success.
- You are a team player with unquestionable commitment to professional and personal ethics.
- You have a positive attitude, an eye for detail and are customer oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability.
- Your passion comes through on a daily basis engaging customers turning fans into clients.
About You – Knowledge and Skills
- Proven working experience in social media marketing or as a digital media specialist
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Adequate knowledge of web design, web development, CRO and SEO
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
About You – Experience and Qualifications
- Must have experience in social media and digital program management.
- Animal experience (with pets) not required but a definite plus.