“We care about the work we do-and we're looking for new colleagues who do, too.”
For over 70 years, and across six provinces we've been a leading diversified health services partner for individuals, plan sponsors, plan advisors and governments across Canada. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. We support the health and wellness of our employees and their families with various wellness programs and resources to support their personal and professional growth.
We're a team of 1,900 colleagues dedicated to collaboration, innovation, customer service, and committed to work-life balance, community involvement and career development which is why Medavie Blue Cross is recognized as a Top 100 Employer, one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures and one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers.
Do you live for online storytelling? Do you see social media as one big networking event – where you can’t wait to work the room? Are you obsessed with bringing a strong brand and fans together? Do you love the numbers (metrics), even though your passion is cleverly communicating in 140 characters or less? Then read on!
The Social Media Advisor will build and manage a comprehensive strategy that defines our unique voice in each channel while ensuring an overall integrated approach. With a strong knowledge of the recent social media trends and experience working with a variety of social media tools, the ideal candidate will be responsible for the development of social media strategies, editorial calendars and tactical plans, and ensuring that all social media messages, measurement and content are relevant to both the target audience and the brand objectives. For this role, key responsibilities include:
- Ongoing collaboration with members of the Corporate Communications and Marketing team and internal departments to create and curate content to be posted externally
- Leading the development, visual identity and execution of social media campaigns
- Advising on best practices and online strategies to support and measure integrated marketing and communication campaigns
- Engaging in conversations, tracking, profiling and generating leads with external stakeholders and members of the media online
- Developing and delivering consumer feedback and incident and trend reports for internal cross-functional teams on a consistent basis
- Creating and maintaining content calendars with clear channel distinctions, and effectively leveraging these across all channels
- Presenting plans to various internal stakeholders and leveraging employees’ and partners’ social presence to build engagement and further our reach
- Monitoring and addressing online inquiries, and navigating internally for responses when required
- Integrating approach with emerging industry trends
- Managing and maintaining our Social Media Guidelines
The Corporate Communications and Marketing team is responsible for enterprise marketing and communications strategies and activities including public, social and media relations, issues management, corporate branding, internal communications, and digital marketing and communications. We are also responsible for community relations, corporate events and the development and production of marketing and communications materials for group and individual health benefits products, government administered programs and selected activities for Medavie EMS and Blue Cross Life.
Education: Post-secondary education in relevant discipline and communications development knowledge & experience.
Work Experience: Minimum 5 years of previous experience in managing online communities, ideally within a corporate environment or through work with corporate clients.
- Enjoy working in a truly collaborative environment with a strong team
- Good judgement and can make decisions quickly
- Experience leveraging online social media management tools
- Strong portfolio showcasing online media experience
- Knowledge of industry trends and insight into relevant news media
- Knowledge or interest in learning more about benefits management
- Ability to create engagement and management reports to be shared with various stakeholders
- Ability to handle multiple assignments while meeting corporate deadlines
- Ability to accept client feedback and work graciously under pressure
- Flexible to occasionally work outside of standard business hours
Computer Skills: Proficient using Microsoft Office suite. Experience with social media monitoring tools as well as design tools (Adobe Creative Suite and more) is considered an asset.
Language Skills: Bilingualism (French and English) is considered an asset for this position.
Knowledge: Has a thirst for information. Demonstrates knowledge of industry trends and insight into relevant media, as well as knowledge or interest in learning more about benefits management.
Analytical Thinking: Understands the end-user (audience) when developing a strategy. Ability to accept and incorporate client feedback while applying best practices. Asks questions and discusses options to determine best solutions before executing.
Communication Skills: Creates and curates content. Communicates clearly and confidently, verbally and in writing, to a variety of audiences. Demonstrates the ability to tailor information and deliver to suit the nature of the material, audience and situation.
Customer Orientation: Regularly handles online comments in a very courteous and timely manner. Demonstrates true professionalism at all times on our social media channels.
Execution and Organizational Skills: Develops strategies by organizing work and information in a well thought out manner to deliver on specific tasks and milestones to meet deadlines. Exhibits high levels of energy and perseverance in the pursuit of established goals. At all times, is aware of and understands the importance of protecting our corporate reputation.
Team Work Skills: Enjoys working in a truly collaborative environment with a strong team. Is a team player who has the ability to accept feedback from colleagues. Is not afraid of sharing ideas.
If you are interested in working with a team of professionals in a challenging role and you possess the necessary qualifications, please follow the instructions for applying online via the Medavie Blue Cross Corporate website.