The SEO Director will own the scoping, pitching, definition and execution of our SEO strategy including performance tracking and improvement, as well as lead the discipline in that office. This role requires extensive experience in growing and converting SEO traffic in a competitive and fast-paced industry and recruiting, managing and developing SEO specialists. As a discipline lead, the SEO Director will be expected to be a thought leader and representative of SEO as a practice and Critical Mass as an agency.
- Have the vision to pitch projects, deliver the optimal deliverables and consult with high-level clients regarding content strategy and search engine optimization
- Must be able to recognize, recruit and support SEO talent
- Strong presentation skills
- Must act as entrepreneurs within the agency
- Be a thought-leader and SEO advocate
- Understand big-picture thinking along with the most granular of details-- extends beyond the project level
- Serve as an example to your department
- Own the development and execution of the SEO strategy for wide range of clients.
- Define SEO standards and guidelines including URL structure, linking, page titles, meta tags, keywords, headings, anchor text and site maps.
- Contribute to a content strategy in collaboration with the team that leverages professional and user generated content to maximize SEO benefits.
- Ability to review site content and structure and provide SEO optimization recommendations.
- Define SEO requirements and provide direction to copywriters, designers and engineers with implementation and fine tuning.
- Develop a framework and reports to systematically track and improve SEO performance.
- Stay up-to-date with changes in how search engines measure relevancy and translate them into tactics that ensure a consistently high page rank and top positions on head, shoulder and tail terms.
- Build and maintain a network of domain experts to stay on the cutting edge.
- 6+ years of SEO experience within an agency environment– ideally with multiple websites.
- Professional development and mentoring skills
- Demonstrated achievements in systematically improving SEO rankings that translated into traffic growth and improved site conversion.
- Strong technical understanding as it relates to early SEO in the web development process, and the ability to work in partnership with a development team.
- Excellent business acumen, results-orientation and communication skills.
- Very strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to leverage data to inform decision-making and strategic direction.
- Systematic approach to identifying opportunities/issues, defining solutions and executing action plans.
- Great attention to detail combined with the ability to prioritize and meet aggressive targets and deadlines.
- Passion for staying current in a rapidly evolving environment and leveraging blogs and online forums to gain a competitive edge.