The Banff Centre is the largest arts and creativity incubator on the planet. Through our multidisciplinary programming, The Banff Centre provides thousands of artists, leaders, and researchers from across Canada and around the world with the support they need to create, to develop solutions, push boundaries, and to make the impossible possible. We are devoted to content creation and capture, and disseminate the art and ideas developed in Banff using new initiatives in digital, web, radio, and broadcast media.
The Film & Media (FM) department at The Banff Centre is looking for an experienced Senior Editor, Content/Web to develop, implement and maintain the editorial voice of The Banff Centre’s website banffcentre.ca
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement editorial and governance guidelines for web content
- Solicit stories and series’ from around the Centre and conceive, research, create and write compelling original content that tells those stories
- Lead web content strategy to achieve dissemination goals and grow and execute our content/dissemination strategy
- Identify content opportunities, and monitor and evaluate the effectiveness and success of content in collaboration with Marketing, measuring actual results against desired outcomes
- Chair Content story meetings with platform Senior Editors and other key editorial producers across The Centre
The Ideal Candidate:
If you are a creative and focused self-starter with exceptional storytelling, organizational and time-management skills, along with the below qualifications, we would like to hear from you:
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a related field
- Journalism experience
- 5 - 7 years’ of experience working in a web/digital content environment
- Hands-on understanding of current and future trends in story-based digital content, social media, and web technologies
- Solid understanding of broadcast content planning, including an understanding of branding and key messaging theory and application
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once with appropriate attention to detail
Employment Terms & Benefits
- This position is under review
- The Centre offers a professional, supportive work environment, quality staff housing, a staff cafeteria, subsidized fitness memberships, staff events, and free or reduced admission to many Banff Centre concerts, films, lectures, and exhibitions.
- Candidates offered a position with the Centre, in this capacity, will be required to obtain a criminal record check verifying a clear record before a final job offer can be made.
- Due to the deadlines in the job, this position may require working irregular hours and weekends.
We are accepting applications for our new Senior Editor, Content/Web until end of day on December 18, 2014.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please submit your application online via The Banff Centre careers website as per below:
- For new applicants, click ‘Apply for this Position’ at the bottom of this page and complete the application for employment. Please upload your cover letter (quoting the appropriate position title) and resume in either .doc or .pdf format.
- For previous applicants, log into your profile at the bottom of this page using your email address and password, then click on the browse button to upload your cover letter (quoting the appropriate position title) and resume in either .doc or .pdf format.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. The Banff Centre hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to fostering diversity within its work community. If you are a foreign national please visit our International Applicants page for more information.
To check the status of your application at anytime, please go to previous applicants and log into your profile. We thank all applicants for their interest however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in working at The Banff Centre.
The Banff Centre, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for above. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for The Banff Centre. The information is subject to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner.