Sheridan is looking for a Senior Web Developer to join us at our Oakville, Ontario Trafalgar campus. You will be reporting to the Digital Marketing Production Manager. You will lead and communicate the technical and functional development of Sheridan’s primary web properties including supported marketing systems, software and web applications. The Developer leverages their expertise and knowledge of web application architecture and development to achieve the strategic goals and objectives of Sheridan College through digital marketing initiatives. The supported marketing systems, software and web applications are: Sheridancollege.ca (Sitecore CMS, WordPress), Emarketing (Emma EMS, Sitecore EXM, Subscription Centre), Print Experience Manager (PXM), Digital Marketing System (DMS, xDB) and the Continuing Education Online Store (E-Store/Active Commerce), in addition to numerous related smaller software, systems and applications.
Sheridan College is set in the lakeside city of Oakville, just west of Toronto, Sheridan College’s Trafalgar Campus is home to more than 7,500 students. This liberal, creative, and artistic campus offers programs in animation, arts and design, advanced film and television, music theatre, business, community studies, liberal arts, applied science and technology, and more.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Leading evaluation and development efforts of technical enhancements and modifications to the existing corporate websites and applications, which includes: reviewing requests to determine feasibility of implementation; defining site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning features and functionality; developing recommendations by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchased alternatives; designing and developing user interfaces to internet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests; integrating applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers;
- Assessing and analyzing requirements for new website features, functionality and application modules for design and implementation purposes which includes: meeting with end-users to determine needs and define scope of new projects; analyzing requirements and specifications, in the context of existing functionality and application modules, business processes and available technologies, to identify and document the impact and advise the user community of the implications;
- Providing senior technical support to maintain the existing corporate websites and applications which includes: troubleshooting complex web application issues; tracking and monitoring the resolution of reported issues; documenting solutions for resolved issues and following up with end users to ensure complete closure of reported issues;
- Providing high-level technical evaluation and analysis for web application enhancements and upgrades which includes: Reviewing existing customizations, enhancements and interfaces and determining how they are impacted by upgrades; reviewing and testing technical changes and documenting modifications;
- Maintaining, developing and sharing technical currency in a rapidly changing environment which includes: researching new internet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations;
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
- 3 year diploma/degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Marketing or related field
- 8 years of Web software design and development experience utilizing web based technologies (ideally .NET) and relational databases (ideally MSSQL or Oracle) (or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience).
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with Content Management Systems (development customization and integration) is required.
- Experience with Sitecore CMS is preferred.
- The Sitecore Certified Professional Developer or Microsoft.Net Certification will be considered an asset.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment, the ability to problem solve, organize and prioritize duties, make decisions, work independently and deal with conflicting deadlines.
- A strong ability to research, troubleshoot and analyze data along with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Current Microsoft Certification is an asset.
Note: Credentials obtained outside of Canada require an evaluation to determine the Canadian educational equivalence. This evaluation must support the educational requirements for the position as a condition of employment.
To be considered to the job please apply with a cover letter and resume reference id - 15/S/68
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Aboriginal People, and persons with disabilities. To request any accommodations you may require to participate in the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms) please let the recruiter know once selected to discuss your needs.