Do you live at the intersection of Design and Technology? Have a mild obsession with the latest tools and trends on the web? Then we should probably chat. ATB Financial is hunting for a Sr. Web Designer to help drive UX, UI and innovation on ATB's Creative Centre of Excellence Web Team. From wire framing to CSS class building to vendor management—you'll be involved with it all.
The Senior Web Designer works as a part of the Creative Center of Excellence Web Team and is responsible for the design and oversees the construction of web pages and sites.
Responsibilities include wire framing and storyboarding, functional and non-functional prototypes, and mocking up and describing graphic user interface (GUI) features and other embellishments and RIA techniques.
Additionally, a background in motion graphics and traditional animation, and video technology in the context of the Web is an asset. They are a self-starter with amazing communication and problem solving skills. They love all aspects of the Web and Digital Media. They are curious and enjoy the process of discovery. They also appreciate corporate culture and working with constraints.
You will find success based on your ability to:
- Contribute to overall creative & graphical design governance for ATB’s CCE Web Team;
- Contribute to the end-to-end customer experience
- Design and maintain ATB’s Intranet and Internet website graphical (Look and Feel) standards
- Design and vision for initiatives across ALL channels (in-branch, mobile, ABM, Sponsorships (Rexall “Power Ring” digital signage), corporate and 3rd party
- Provide Leadership in graphical design for ATB’s CCE Web Team
- Adhere to corporate brand standards
- Propose tools and make recommendations as needed for ATB’s Intranet/Internet website budget
- Design, build and monitor web metrics for ATB’s Internet/Intranet websites
- Research and plan for changing user requirements and technology advances
- Keep current with other financial institutions Internet and Intranet web sites and development practices
- Develop interactive marketing tools to support business
- Provide assistance in other marketing reporting needs
- Determine and recommend the resources necessary for web operations
As the ideal candidate you possess:
Extensive experience in the following is required:
- Strong design sense (composition, color theory, User Experience methodologies)
- Strong brainstorming and creative problem solving
- Proficiency in: Adobe Creative Suite, Flash, Dreamweaver, ASP, CSS, HTML, MS Office
- Excellent communication skills; Self-Starter; Highly-Organized; Detail-Oriented; Efficient
- Skilled in web-ready graphics, motion graphics (3d, 2d/traditional animation, video), pdf authoring and other multimedia file formats and concepts
- Proficient with Windows operating system and Internet Browser applications
- Experience in web graphic design and development
- Familiar with Internet connectivity issues and download times
- Strong timeline creation and project management skills
- Ability to work with both a team and independently
- Customer-focused and results driven
- And a sense of humour!
- University degree or post-secondary accreditation in a related field.
- 7-9 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
So what can ATB Financial offer you? Imagine paying less for your everyday banking, mortgages, loans and investments. Throw in an excellent benefits and pension package, opportunities for career advancement, and a financial institution that’s leading the way in change – now you’re talking about a career with a company that allows you to grow. As an award-winning employer-of-choice – we have the best of the best working for Albertans. Sound like a team you want to be a part of?
Advancement. Fun. Rewards… We get it.