Senior Web Advisor full-time
Requisition #: 345959
Title: Senior Advisor
Department: CO-Public Aff Weight Wise-EDM
Posting Close Date: 2015-12-18
Location: Negotiable within Calgary Zone
City: Negotiable within Calgary Zone
Employee Class: Regular Full-Time
Date Available: 2015-12-28
Hours Per Shift: 7.75
Length of Shift Cycle: 2
Shift Per Cycle: 10
Days Off: Saturday/Sunday
Rates of Pay: AHS offers a competitive compensation package
Vehicle Required: No
MyHealth.Alberta.ca (MHA) is a joint initiative between Alberta Health and Alberta Health Services to provide Albertans with a single source for trusted health information. This online portal is grant funded by Alberta Health and AHS has been mandated with the design, development, deployment and ongoing operations and support of MHA.
Alberta Health Services is looking for a Senior Web Advisor to join the MHA User Experience team. The Senior Web Advisor makes use of their expertise in design, information architecture, accessibility, and user experience to provide leadership and strategic direction for the delivery of content and tools on MHA, while maintaining a consistent user experience and brand throughout the site. Additionally, the Web Advisor will be responsible for developing processes, procedures and standards regarding content delivery that incorporate industry best practices, and ensure that these are followed throughout MHA
By focusing on these key functions, the Advisor will contribute to the continuous improvement of the functionality, usability, and value of the MHA Website to its growing user base.
Responsibilities & Functions:
- Create visual design solutions for optimal user experience and content delivery
- Develop HTML and supporting CSS to create page layouts and content that are both engaging and accessible, leveraging Java Script and standard frameworks such as jQuery
- Work with cross-functional teams and developers to define and enhance complex requirements, and produce high quality, scalable design solutions in support of business objectives
- Provide strategic direction regarding the delivery of content and tools on MHA, and ensure all designs are consistent with the strategic vision providing a consistent and familiar user experience throughout
- Assist with development and execution of usability test plans, and leveraging feedback to enhance user experience
- Work collaboratively with content providers to ensure that content is structured and delivered in a consistent manner
- Ensure that content and tools delivered through MHA adhere to web accessibility guidelines
- Contribute in the development of processes and procedures, as well as the creation and implementation of design standards and best practices
- Interpret requirements and creative briefs, and translate into quality wireframes and prototypes that clearly annotate functionality and interactive elements for stakeholders and development team
- Translate wireframe concepts into visual mock-ups by applying best UI design patters and standards
- Create, modify and optimize graphics used for web delivery
- Evaluate the competitive landscape and keep abreast of the latest trends in the user experience field
- Create, publish and implement template based web pages in a SharePoint 2013 environment
All Management and Out Of Scope positions are being reviewed for possible inclusion in the AUPE General Support Services bargaining unit. If this position is impacted, the incumbent will be notified accordingly.
The successful candidate will have a degree or diploma in Web Design, Communications or a related field with a minimum of 5 years of progressive online experience.
The incumbent will possess:
- Solid understanding of HTML and CSS (including browser support) with experience optimizing visual design solutions
- Strong understanding of how Java Script frameworks such as jQuery can be leveraged to enhance content delivery
- Good understanding of responsive design and mobile standards, including how design elements affect page load performance
- Solid understanding of web user experience and design patterns, including industry best practices
- Good understanding of fundamental design principles (typography, layout, grid systems, hierarchy, color, composition)
- Strong understanding and experience defining the architecture and design for content delivered in a large-scale enterprise level web site, preferably in a SharePoint 2013 environment
- Excellent understanding of WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards and guidelines
- Experience with search engine marketing and visitor behaviour tracking
- Ability to create and/or adapt design based on complex requirements, as well as information from web analytics and usability studies
- Experience developing user interface documentation such as wireframes, site maps and navigation schemas
- Solid understanding of Adobe Photoshop allowing for the creation and enhancement of graphics delivered on the website
- Experience designing for large-scale enterprise level web sites in a SharePoint 2013 environment
- Experience documenting processes, procedures and guidelines for content delivery, and conducting audits to ensure compliance
- Superior organizational skills, ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present to a variety of audiences, and mentor other members of design team
- Proven interpersonal skills, client relations skills and ability to work in a multi-stakeholder and multi-team environment
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Successful candidates will be required to provide a criminal record check that is satisfactory to AHS in compliance with the AHS Security Screening Directive.
All postings close at 23:59 of the posting close date indicated.