Top Hat is looking for an experienced UX/UI designer who has a passion for web and mobile design. Our rapidly growing team of product managers and designers is looking for someone to work closely with our engineering, customer success, sales, and marketing teams. Most importantly, you will be working on fun and challenging design problems for a consumer facing application used by millions of professors and students.
About the Gig:
As a UX/UI designer you will travel to meet with customers and learn about their challenges and aspirations not only with Top Hat, but education technology as a whole. You will work closely with product managers to review user feedback and data. You will lead the design process and work across the company to tease out and understand varying perspectives. You will create wireframes, and Hi-fi prototypes. You will work within the design team to expand UX and UI design patterns for multiple platforms. You will interface with the development team to get your designs executed.
- You have minimum 3 years experience as a UX/UI designer
- You have experience working with consumer facing applications
- You are proficient in Photoshop/illustrator
- You consider yourself to be analytical, meticulous, with a detail-obsessed mindset
- You believe in a data-driven design and are able to work with various analytics platforms to help inform and validate design decisions
- You have an in-depth understanding of user testing
- Heavy-duty prototyping and interaction design skills, either with wireframes or in working HTML/CSS/jQuery (preferably both)
- You have the ability to translate UX research and requirements into production-ready user interface mockups and assets
- You have exceptional written and spoken communication skills
- You have good project management skills
About Top Hat:
Top Hat’s interactive, cloud-based teaching platform enables professors to engage students inside and outside the classroom with compelling content, tools and activities. Millions of students at 700 leading North American colleges and universities use the Top Hat teaching platform. Headquartered in Toronto, Top Hat has been operating profitably since its 2009 launch with $22 million in venture capital funding.
The life of a Top Hatter comes with some awesome perks:
- An altruistic spirit. We have an outstanding company culture and super smart teams that genuinely care about each other.
- Lunch and awesome snacks are provided daily.
- Competitive benefits package including health and lifestyle benefits.
- Sense of pride and purpose. We are one of the top education technology companies in North America - named one of the Top 50 Companies to watch by Deloitte and voted Techvibes Best Startup in Canada for 2017!
If this sounds like the big step you want to take, we'd love to start the conversation and tell you more about what makes Top Hat a great place to work.
Top Hat welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.