Teranet is an international leader and pioneer in electronic land registration systems and commerce. In Ontario, Teranet is the exclusive provider of online property search and registration. Teranet developed, owns and operates the Ontario Electronic Land Registration System, enabling customers to perform searches, transfer title documents through our search and registration capabilities, and perform many other functions in what is widely recognized as one of the world’s most advanced, secure, and sophisticated land registry systems. Teranet also provides online access to Ontario’s Writs System, which manages and maintains data relating to writs of execution issued and filed under various Federal and Provincial (Ontario) statutes. In addition, Teranet offers a complementary suite of innovative solutions for real estate and financial professionals, utilities, and local authorities through mapping, property valuation, tax collection and risk assessment products.
The Senior Sales Manager - Strategic Accounts will deliver the company's powerful value proposition to senior decision makers in companies across various industries within the financial services marketplace throughout Canada. This person will be able to convey and demonstrate our value proposition as a strategic partner to our prospects and clients through effective senior level relationships. The focus is to grow and effectively prospect high potential clients.
Business Development - Prospecting, Qualifying, strategic enterprise license opportunities
Customer interface, relationship building, innovation, strategic planning
General Administrative duties - Processing sales contracts, Maintain Customer information and CRM Data
- Ability to plan and execute a comprehensive territory strategy aligned with revenue and quota objectives
- Manage various sales cycles from days to months selling solutions ranging in value from thousands of dollars to hundreds of thousands of dollars.
- Capable of managing a variety of sales opportunities from point solutions to larger needs based selling using the complex sale methodology
- Identify and develop new business opportunities within existing accounts and through referrals from internal partners and other sales team members ( grow customer base )
- Detailed account mapping of existing customers and prospects with a focus on key decision makers, influencers, the approval and budgetary process
- Present breadth of product knowledge and be able to identify solutions specific to client's environment and needs. Generally promote usage of all of Teranet's VAS products and services with a focus on existing and new opportunities (Grow Revenue )
- Responsible for researching and sourcing leads
- Participate and attend various marketing campaigns and events such as trade shows, conferences etc.
- Conduct in person and on-line web demonstrations with qualified prospects.
- Solicit feedback regarding products and services and work with internal partners for development and market intelligence.
- Able to maintain accurate account records and strong pipeline management skills related to forecasting efforts
- University degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- 10 + years of related experience OR an equivalent combination of work experience and education
- Preference for individuals with experience in property valuation
- Established contacts within risk management and/or real estate secured lending (RESL) departments of the major banks, monoline lenders, mortgage insurance and/or property & casualty insurance companies, as well as experience with contract negotiation with major banks
- Knowledge of the complex sales process, strong account management and relationship building skills across a variety of industries
- Demonstrated aptitude for software/technology product knowledge and sales success
- Demonstrated experience in selling “conceptual solutions” in a multi-faceted environment
- Exceptional presentation, communication and strategic thinking skills with a thorough understanding of business needs and requirements
- Prior experience and success, in quota achievement, selling strategic software/data solutions in the Financial Services market
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint and SalesForce.com sales management systems