To be a product leader in our space takes more than just talent.
Our Product team is actively engaged in researching the latest technology, discovering new social entertainment trends, analyzing user feedback, working with company partners, and collaborating with our developers to build the world’s best and most compelling mobile social experience. The Product team is responsible for shaping our product from concept to launch and developing strategies that best target our users.
As Senior Product Manager you will play a strategic role in developing a world product vision. You will push the boundaries of our product strategy by creating sticky, viral, addictive user experiences. You are not afraid of taking risks and are open to new ideas, promoting excellence from those you work with. You consider yourself a results oriented entrepreneur at heart and may have even ventured into this space on your own previously. You understand what it takes to build and deliver successful products and you are eager to share your experience and passion to lead and empower our Product team. In addition to being a self starter, you have the ability to influence all levels of the organization and inspire teams to be product leaders. The product development process includes designing, executing, and optimizing the feature(s). You drive the overall success of the product by working with a talented cross-functional team of developers, designers, artists and QA to get the features implemented.
You have at least 10 years‘ experience in a Product Management role, where you have taken products from concept to launch, working directly with the Development team in bringing the products to life, and managed the product marketing strategy and launch. Because you understand the mobile web space so well, you have also been involved in exploring new business opportunities. Your experience in Product Management is complimented by a post secondary education in business or equivalent.
For this role, you will:
- Define, create and execute a winning product vision and strategy
- Ensure the product roadmap is aligned with the overall company vision
- Research to understand market, competitive landscape and identify new opportunities
- Develop processes that enables the team to bring products to market successfully and efficiently
- Work closely with development, sales and marketing to build the most compelling products
- Track record of creating innovative and successful high tech products preferably mobile and/or online products
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, decision making and project management skills
- Active problem solver with a willingness to challenge the status quo and make recommendations for improvements
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence all stakeholders
- Passion for creating sticky, viral addictive user experiences
- Strong aptitude for determining the optimal way to position products in the market
- Genuine, strong integrity and work ethic is valued
- Entrepreneurial, driven and highly motivated is a must
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities, with deep understanding of the business intelligence and marketing data
- Ability to work on multiple projects within strict deadlines and still deliver quality products
In addition to having a flexible and casual work environment, airG has a value driven and passionate culture that is built on our core values of innovation, excellence, ownership and shared learning. We also offer an attractive and competitive compensation package including a comprehensive benefits plan with a flexible wellness program, and staff purchase plan for mobile devices like the Android, iPhone and Blackberry.
airG was recently named one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People and one of British Columbia’s Top 55 Employers. The company is private and profitable, and has more than 180 employees globally.