Reporting to the CEO, the Senior Product Manager for ArtStation plays a crucial role in defining the strategy and growing ArtStation’s footprint in the video game and film industries. The SPM is an evangelist for ArtStation in the game and film industry, talking to studios and artists, building partnerships and exhibiting thought leadership. The SPM will manage ArtStation’s overall online community strategy. In addition, the SPM will perform a market evaluation and, if accepted, will be responsible for the creation of an ArtStation publishing business unit.
The candidate must be an effective communicator who thinks strategically, writes well, can relate to large corporations as well as individual artists. He/she must have a proven track record of working in the game and film industry with artists, studios, and companies selling hardware and software.
ArtStation is the leading showcase platform for games, film, media & entertainment artists. It is the premier industry hub, bringing together professional artists, studios and vendors in a single cloud platform.
Core duties and responsibilities
- Identify and evaluate strategic and innovative community opportunities in media & entertainment to connect, engage and inspire professional artists specializing in digital art.
- Be a voice for ArtStation in the media & entertainment art industry at events, in social media, online and in print.
- Work with industry partners to engage in innovative programs that assert ArtStation’s leadership in the industry. E.g. co-marketing initiatives, event partnerships.
- Day to day management of ArtStation’s content and moderation: Daily picks, moderating the Trending wall, managing abuse reports, assisting with job post vetting.
- Running and managing ArtStation Challenges - the world’s largest art contests. Finding new partners and sponsors for ArtStation Challenges.
- Spearheading the creation of an ArtStation Media business unit that creates innovative training and inspirational products for artists.
- Advising and helping the editorial team of ArtStation Magazine to obtain engaging industry content. Connecting editorial team with key artists and studios.
Minimum Requirements (Experience, Education, Qualifications, Skills and Abilities)
- Minimum 6 years experience as a Project or Product Manager in the game and film Industry. Up to date with trends in digital art used in animation and video games.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a Marketing role within the Digital Media industry.
- Expert knowledge of web design and development technologies. (e.g. social media, mobile, software and hardware related to art, publishing, online community development and social media)
- Preference to applicants with a Computer Science background
- Additional preference to candidates that have experience in book publishing.
- Expert communication skills in English.
- Software: Expert in Adobe applications (Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator).
- Strong leadership skills, ability to multitask and be highly organized.
- Sense of humour
- 3 weeks vacation
- Health, Dental, Life Insurance, LTD