Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 2
NOC Group: Retail and Wholesale Buyers (6233)
NOC Job Title: Retail Merchandiser
Job Number: 112248
lululemon athletica Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live longer, healthier more fun lives.
As a member of the product team, the Planning team is responsible for ensuring financial success of the company. They work closely with Merchandising and Allocations to understand new product trends (Merchandising) and regional/climate selling, size trends, and logistics (Allocations). The team monitors the business on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis, understanding changes in trend and reacting to the business to maximize sales and mitigate risk. The priority is to understand and protect the guest experience, followed by delivering profitable sales growth (comp and GM$s). a day in the life of a Senior Planner Reporting directly to the manager of merchandise planning, this position is responsible for category sales targets, markdowns, gross margin, planned purchases, turn and open to buy management.
The finer print
- 7+ years merchandise planning/inventory experience in the apparel industry required.
- Bachelor's Degree in business or related field is required.
- Partner with the Merchants on the development of pre-season sales, markdown, margin, receipt and inventory
- Guide the Planning team through strategic work flow plans to execute deliverables
- Mentor and develop planning talent
- Summarize and report relevant data to the management team
- Participate in the preparation of executive level information
- Streamline and build efficiencies into the planning process
- Review and reconcile bottom up/ top down information and form action plans
- Develop assortment plans to the category level by country by channel
- Develop projections and inventory flow for key items/collections
- Analyze and reflect current trends in performance of strategy based on actual sales performance; revise in-season plans for sales and profitability; control inventory levels
- Partner with Merchant to develop and propose tactics in response to current business trends, such as: Make recommendations for key financial meetings/decisions in order to maximize sales, margin and inventory productivity Monthly plan review process: develop sales, markdown, receipt and inventory re-forecasts o Manage receipts and adjust inventory flow, communicate revisions within the team and cross functionally
- Forecast monthly and seasonal store plans for allocation, OTB Plan and store review
- Exhibit initiative to look beyond the everyday business to look for opportunities to maximize sales potential
- Partner and communicate with Production, Marketing, Allocation and Logistics
- Previous experience with merchandise and planning systems.
- Expert knowledge of Excel is required.
- Excellent team player as well as the ability to work independently.
- Effective communication skills (written & verbal)
- Extremely organized thorough and able to prioritize
- Detail orientated
- Strong ability to see the merchandise vision and translate the vision into viable plans.
- Results oriented – strong sense of motivation
- Self directed problem solver, proactive and resourceful
- Responsible, dependable and mature, with sound judgment
- Capable of effective multiple demand management from a variety of sources and adapts well to change.
- Ability and willingness to accept and provide feedback.