As a Senior Interface Designer, you'll be responsible for the creative direction and execution of desktop, mobile, and application solutions for our clients.
At Habanero, we create employee, customer, and member portals that are the heartbeat of an organization. We are passionate about helping people and organizations thrive. Our portals increase employee engagement, foster rich customer communities, and facilitate better collaboration with partners. Habanero is recognized as one of the top workplaces in Canada. Our solutions win national and international awards.
We’re looking for a leader who loves to work with people to build consensus and excitement. We want someone who can create exceptional user-centred experiences.
You believe every detail matters. You want to educate others and mentor new designers. Your friends and co-workers would describe you as someone who is creative, strong, diplomatic, and a design nerd. You enjoy working with diverse teams. You believe good design can solve the toughest of problems.
The ideal candidate for this role has excellent online portfolio, extensive experience, plus great visual design and information architecture skills. We want basic knowledge of HTML and CSS, but we team members with in-depth knowledge who can support you.
The Senior Interface Designer we're looking for has:
- Five or more years experience designing websites and web applications in a client-services environment
- Strong understanding of user-centered design
- Advanced user research and usability testing skills and experience
- Skills to lead process changes within Habanero and facilitate communication with developers and project teams
- An attention to what details matter and when to push back
- The ability to lead workshops
- A love of helping people and organizations thrive
We're always looking for designers who have:
- Microsoft SharePoint experience
- Mobile application design experience
- Experience in management and project lead roles for large projects
Applicants should expect reference checks and a thorough interview process. Please submit your resume and online portfolio for review.