We are currently looking for a:
SENIOR, GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Reporting to the Graphic Team leader, you will work with the graphic team and the Fashion Designers in creating the new and existing artwork for garment trims, prints, graphics, plaids, sweater art and labeling. You will monitor market trends in fashion art based around seasonal design direction. Trend awareness, creativity and relationship building skills are key. You will contribute to the development of seasonal concepts and work with the cross functional teams to create innovative artworks that support the brand and the financial goals of the division.
- Translate the vision and the emerging trends as they pertain to the assigned product line by developing a wide variety of designs, colors, prints and patterns.
- Bring new applications and design ideas to the team that are relevant for the brand
- Design innovative apparel artworks that are aligned with the overall seasonal design direction.
- Creatively explore all apparel artworks, new techniques and materials.
- Collaborate to develop creative typographic and layout solutions.
- Develop strong working relationships with cross functional team members (Merchandising, Productions and Design) through communication and
- problem solving.
- Understand the fundamentals of the production and printing process as it impacts graphic design projects.
- Manage deadlines in accordance with the corporate calendar.
- Maintain project libraries; compile all reference material.
- Create technical packages.
Qualifications and competencies:
- DEC or Bachelor Degree in Graphic Design, Fashion Design or Textile Design
- Three (3) to five (5) years experience in graphic and technical design
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Suite (Illustrator and Photoshop);
- Strong artistic ability
- Excellent fashion sense/Product knowledge
- Excellent sense of color
- Strong self-management abilities
- Excellent team player
- Bilingual: French & English (written and spoken)
Groupe Dynamite is committed to employment equity. Only retained candidates will be contacted for an interview.