Senior Director, Strategy full-time
Headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, Interbrand Canada has 15 years experience helping companies across diverse industries solve their most pressing business challenges. As the only global branding firm in Canada, we offer clients local knowledge of the Canadian business environment and insights from our global network of 37 offices in 26 countries. Since it opened for business in 1974, Interbrand has changed the way the world sees branding: from just another word for “logo” to a business’ most valuable asset to business strategy brought to life. We believe that brands have the power to change the world—and we help our clients achieve this goal every day. Interbrand’s combination of strategy, creativity, and technology delivers fresh ideas and insights, deep brand intelligence, clear business opportunities, and compelling brand experiences. Interbrand’s Best Canadian Brands, published every two years, examines and ranks Canada’s top 25 brands by brand value.
The Senior Director of Strategy is responsible for creating brand strategies with high impact content, leading our client engagements, forming and growing trust-based client relationships, managing client profitability and enhancing our distinctive knowledge. This position will also function as an Engagement Manager and/or Engagement Director on a variety of client projects and will pay a key role in developing business with new and existing clients.
As a Senior Director at Interbrand, you are responsible for extending client engagements through new and organic business development, developing relationships and co-creating client roadmaps.
- Help our clients increase their value through brand positioning, brand architecture, brand valuation/analytics, internal brand engagement and digital brand strategy.
- Lead client engagements while forming and growing trust-based client relationships by creating high impact content
- Play a leadership role within the Canadian office and across North America to expand our practice and product offerings, delivering the highest quality product possible
- Coach and mentor direct reports to insure meaningful experiences, personal growth, improvement in IB intellectual capital, and constructive feedback
- Manage client profitability
- Push and evolve client’s team, and Interbrand’s thinking, vision and capabilities; think beyond the expected while challenging those around you with new ideas
- Inspire and lead team to deliver highest quality work product in a timely and personally satisfying manner ensuring that work is produced efficiently, effectively
- Develop and monitor metrics of “success”
- Lead the conversation with external Partners and Agencies to successfully represent and drive the client POV across all touch points for optimal growth and success
- BA degree; MBA desirable
- 10+ years experience in brand strategy/architecture, marketing (B2B experience ideal) and/or business development
- Canadian agency experience, preferably in the Toronto market
- Ability to handle and lead large complex projects and see the big picture while still paying attention to detail
- Strong business acumen either from experience in Management Consulting or working with a multi-tiered large revenue generating client
- Strong client/team leadership skills – can connect with and lead clients/team and inspire their confidence and ongoing commitment
- Ability to build relationships, foster idea generation and organize communities that bring ideas to life
- Passion around having measurable impact on clients business
- Strong knowledge and/or early adaptor in Technology, Innovation and Organizational Change with a consistent desire to always learn more and teach others