Mogo (TSX: MOGO) — a Vancouver-based financial technology company— is focused on building the leading digital financial platform in Canada and empowering consumers with simple solutions to help them improve their financial health. Built mobile first, users can sign up for a free MogoAccount in only three minutes and get access to 6 products including free credit score monitoring, identity fraud protection, the Mogo Platinum Prepaid Visa® Card, mortgages, personal loans and the MogoCrypto account which enables the buying and selling of bitcoin. The platform is engineered to deliver multiple financial products at scale through one account and enable the rapid launch of new features and products. With more than 600,000 members and growing, Mogo continues to execute on its vision of becoming the go-to financial app for the next generation of Canadians. To learn more, please visit mogo.ca or download the mobile app (iOS or Android).
Got a flair for copywriting and an understanding of how good copy can impact a business? Perfect, because we’re looking for a Copywriter who is a strategic thinker with a talent for conveying compelling stories, has a good sense of humor, and uses language creatively and freely (meaning you break the grammar rules, but only because you know them well enough and are confident enough to know when and how to break them).
You must be able to transform purely descriptive, sometimes not-so-interesting text about financial products into concise copy that’s both fun to read and easily accessible to a wide audience. Flexibility to write across platforms is also key: print ads, digital ads, website copy, app copy…oh, and having a bit of edge in your writing voice will definitely help. Check out the requirements below and if you think you've got the goods, we want to hear from you!
What you'll do:
- Write clear, consistent, concise copy for board range of customer touch points (user-interface, email, notifications, blog, advertising)
- Champion a cohesive brand story and craft copy to help shape our entire product experience
- Writes and edits digital content to meet project goals and user needs
- Collaborate with design, product, and various business stakeholders on new product features and functionality
- Reviews analytics and data on an ongoing basis to understand user behaviour to craft content and messaging strategies
- Act as a subject matter expert, present and rationalize your work to stakeholders
- Maintain and document evolving brand voice and tone standards
- Turn complex financial matter to user-friendly, engaging, and valuable content
- Provide insightful perspective on trends, innovations, and competitive landscape to assist in creating compelling marketing campaigns
What you'll need:
- 5+ years of writing experience for a consumer brand or brand-oriented agency, as well as digital media experience
- Self-motivated, with the ability to lead projects
- Strong portfolio of previous projects
- Innately curious and creative, with a desire to embrace a steep learning curve
- Have empathy for your audience and can anticipate user needs
- Always choose clear and concise over clever and wordy to get an idea across
- Love both strategy and hands-on writing and editing