We are seeking a dynamic social media communications professional to join our growing Communications Services Department.
Our multi-brand organization recently launched a social media strategy, starting with Great-West Life. As Senior Communications Specialist, Social Media, you will work with internal stakeholders from across the organization to plan, write and publish engaging content for our social media spaces; as well as, track, analyze and report on the performance of our posts. You will play a key role in helping to implement our social media strategy, by creating content that will provide value to our audiences. The Senior Communications Specialist, Social Media is part of the Communication Services team, reporting to the Associate Manager, Social Media Engagement.
- Work with internal stakeholders to establish social content priorities and to secure approvals
- Manage a conversation/editorial calendar
- Monitor audience sentiment and work with the Associate Manager, Social Media Engagement to provide responses in our social media spaces
- Write engaging posts for our social profiles
- Work with designers to develop info-graphics and other creative assets
- Coordinate translation and proofreading for French posts
- Maintain appropriate tone, manner and personality for each social profile
- Identify and escalate issues
- Measure success of social media posts
- Create monthly social media dashboard, which includes high-level insights, for executive teams
- Identify new and interesting opportunities to grow and engage our social audiences
- Keep pace with changes and new offerings in the digital landscape
Qualifications and Competencies:
- University Degree in Communications, Marketing or a relevant field, and two or more years in a similar role
- Proven experience creating and/or building an engaging social experience
- Detailed practical knowledge and fluency with social media channels and digital mediums
- Conversational writing style for social media
- Strong collaboration and relationship skills
- Strong planning and time management skills
- Organized, resourceful and efficient
- Bilingual: French language spoken and writing skills an asset
We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive income and benefits, and opportunities for professional and personal development and growth.
Discover your opportunity…
Apply with cover letter and resume before by Wednesday, June 25, 2014.
We’re an organization that cares for our customers, our staff and our communities. You can grow your career with us while giving, growing and connecting with the world around us.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of 12 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We foster a culture where a wide range of professionals – in finance, accounting, general business and actuarial disciplines, for example – are learning, growing, and shaping their careers to achieve their personal and professional goals.
We are committed to employing a diverse workforce and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.