Are you a great storyteller with the reflexes of a communication ninja? Are you a generalist who can write anything about anything? Do you thrive in a lightning quick environment and love nothing more than a good communication challenge? If you found yourself nodding your head to these questions, you might be who we are looking for! The Corporate Communications team at Canadian Western Bank (CWB) is seeking a skilled, experienced, positive, and super fun addition to our team. We are looking for a generalist to tackle all manner of communications planning, execution and measurement. We need someone who can take initiative and loves working with all kinds of people. You’ll be joining a diverse team responsible for everything from internal and external communication, to community investment, to creative services. Want to know more? Check out the specifics:
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Communications, the Senior Communications Advisor is a key member of the team responsible for the planning and execution of CWB’s internal and external communications, community investment and creative services efforts. With a focus on strategic thinking and creative storytelling, the Advisor will work closely with operational and corporate client groups to deliver communications advice and solutions that enable the achievement of business objectives. Daily activities include internal and external communications activities such as planning, writing, editing, pitching ideas, content curation, social media management and event planning.
Closing Date: January 24, 2017
- A degree or diploma with a focus on communications, public relations or journalism required
- Minimum five years’ experience in a communications role
- Demonstrated experience in writing in a professional, complex corporate environment and/or in writing for online environments (web, intranet, social media)
- Strong organization and coordination skills; ability to manage multiple projects and priorities at one time
- Excellent written and verbal communication, administrative, analytical, time management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and adapt quickly to changing deadlines/priorities
- Exceptional attention to accuracy and detail
- Project coordination/management experience an asset
- A good balance of analytical and problem solving skills combined with creative thinking
- A fast learner, resourceful, love of learning and a willingness to take initiative
- Must be a team player who can work also work independently and be flexible with their time
- Must be comfortable working with and advising individuals in a broad variety of roles and levels across the business, including senior leadership
- Requires significant ability to self-direct, take initiative, make decisions and provide strategic communications advice.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, various social media platforms and analytics tools required; experience with Sitecore or knowledge of basic content management systems considered an asset
- Membership in IABC or CPRS considered an asset
- Develop, execute and measure various internal strategic communications plans (including content planning, creation and execution), as well as ad hoc writing and editing for a variety of communication tools, including print, email and intranet, for key internal clients
- Develop, execute and measure various external strategic communications plans – includes content planning, writing and editing for a variety of communication tools, including print, email, web and social media
- Co-manage the creation and distribution of weekly and ad hoc employee email newsletters, as per process. This includes writing and editing, layout, photo management, obtaining approval and final distribution.
- Act as one of two web coordinator/administrators responsible for creating and updating content for the intranet, including making recommendations for structure changes and working with Web Services to execute those changes. In addition to content planning, coordination and creation, responsibilities include day-to-day administration and providing timely responses to related internal inquiries.
- Co-manage (with the Communications Advisor) the internal and external production calendars for internal and external communications.
- Create, administer and publish content for the CWB Group websites; Work closely with Marketing, partner companies and Web Services teams to act as the primary approver in the content management system (CMS) for all CWB Group websites. Provide strategic advice and insight on content and structure improvements.
- Establish and follow processes to effectively manage and audit intranet and internet content.
- Develop a plan and actively manage the analytics and measurement of our various communications and tools.
- Responsible for monitoring of traditional and digital media.
- Provide communication support for all employee engagement initiatives.
- Research and write speaking notes / create presentations for various senior managers and executive leaders
- Maintain integrity and consistency of the brand (internal and external) and corporate style across all materials and communication vehicles.
- Lead the communications support for internal and external events (e.g. community investment events, employee town halls, corporate video productions, etc.).
- Act as a liaison when necessary between internal clients and the Creative Services team.
- Mine for ways to improve resources efficiencies and effectiveness of communication materials and strategies.
- Act as liaison with corporate departments, branches and projects (as required) to lead and execute on client communications as per the plan.
- Monitor multiple email inboxes (external, intranet and website) to ensure email is answered in a timely manner, is routed to the correct individuals and is flagged with manager for potential concern.
- Create, curate, monitor and measure digital content for all social platforms, ensuring all social media content and posts adhere to social media guidelines. Assist partner companies with the same.
- Ensures any project/initiative for which the position is responsible for is on budget.
- Ensure appropriate quoting for all projects which require outsourcing components.
- Inspire trust by being open, honest and direct in communication, meeting commitments and behaving ethically in all dealings
- Treat all stakeholders with professionalism, dignity and respect and support an environment where people can contribute and excel
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills that contribute to working effectively in a diverse working environment
- Accept responsibility and accountability for actions and results
- Make decisions guided by common sense and sound business judgment
- Prepare and regularly review annual goals and career development plan with manager
- Promote cooperation and commitment within the CWB Group towards the attainment of common goals enabling productive group interactions.